About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
PCG is seeking Application Configuration Manager, who will be responsible for the application functionality of IT solutions. The ideal candidate will determine the appropriate scope, depth of information, and procedures for collecting and maintaining requirements (configurations) in a RTM or appropriate database, including the operating environment, application development, application interfaces, system testing, defect resolution, and integration with third-party systems. The candidate will work with product vendor, SMEs and other end users to ensure business functions are reflected in final delivery of application and system gets accepted by the end users.
• Work closely with business analysts to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
• Configure system components to comply with functional requirements and business rules.
• Configure systems components to adhere to workflow and process requirements.
• Manage software integrations, customizations, and enhancements
• A minimum of 5 years of experience maintaining and operating statewide or multiple entity large scale and complex government systems which include integrated components
• A minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects and all requirements involving Configured Business Process Management and Configured Business Rules Management
• A minimum of 5 years of experience providing knowledge transfer and transition activities to State IT staffs and/or other Contractors
• A minimum of 5 years of experience and certification with public cloud providers Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, tools and cloud methodologies
• A minimum of 5 years of experience with application transformation and modernization & data migrations projects
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles • A minimum of 3 years of experience on platform specific software tools
• Experience with enterprise tools, such as Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce preferred), ERP and other COTS solutions
• Experience providing support to project teams and base-lining project items
• Experience with configuration management tools
• Experience preparing configuration management documentation
• Thinking strategically about projects and taking a proactive approach to identify and mitigate risks
• Look at the environment (clients, partner agencies and vendors) holistically and understanding how the project will impact areas beyond the stated scope
• Take a collaborative approach and having mutual respect among the vendor teams
• Lead teams with diverse skill sets in multiple locations, including offshore
• Bring experience with many types of technologies and delivering out-of-the-box thinking and creative problem-solving possibilities
• Multi-vendor, multi-year project experience
• Experience in health and human services industry
• Desirable certifications: o System Center Configuration Certification o AWS Cloud Practitioner