The Loans & Structured Credit team has long-standing close relationships with arrangers of leveraged finance and secondary market makers, and also has the benefit of Carlyle's extensive network and strong relationships with the financial community. The team sources assets from both the primary and secondary market and has deal flow relationships with all major counterparties active in the U.S. and European leveraged finance markets, as well as strong relationships with nearly all private equity sponsors in these regions. The team is seeking an Associate.
Loans & Structured Credit investment approach is highlighted as follows:
- Leverage the investment team's demonstrated analytical, trading and investment management expertise with The Carlyle Group's superior industry, company and market knowledge.
- Source investment ideas through The Carlyle Group's extensive industry relationships and network of contacts.
- Invest in quality companies that offer high current income with a low risk of principal loss using fundamental credit analysis.
- Construct and actively manage portfolio asset allocations based upon fund objectives and expectations for macro-economic performance.
- Industry Research: Develop/maintain a point of view on industry trends, drivers and economics
- Financial Analysis: Analysis of assigned credits with particular focus on cash flow as well as on/off balance sheet assets and liabilities;the analyst will be expected to build/maintain predictive financial models
- Valuation Analysis: Analysis of transaction values, DCF and public values to express a view on asset protection as well as market value and ultimately recoveries in a default scenario
- Capital structure analysis including an assessment of credit agreement and indenture provisions
- Relative value analysis and the ability to express a view of an investment risk / return profile
- Monitoring of portfolio positions and summarizing relevant information for daily morning meetings
- Insure assigned credit information is complete and accurate on internal information systems
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive and confidential issues
- Special projects as assigned
- Will work directly with 1-2 Sr. Analysts
- Minimum 3-5 years of prior general credit experience from buy side, bank or credit rating agency; experience in Energy & Power and/or Chemicals is preferred
- Strong quantitative, analytical and modeling skills (using Excel) required
- Bachelor's degree required; CFA or formal credit training is preferred
- Self-Starter; Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills a must
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $246 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 397 investment vehicles as of December 31, 2020. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,800 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.