COVID VACCINATION REQUIRED
Then join the growing team at Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!
HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare policy, measure development, healthcare data analysis, and survey research. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in a career in analytics as an Analyst II in HSAG’s Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement (HPQM) division. Together we can create positive change to make healthcare better. Find out more about HPQM projects at [Link available when viewing the job]
The Analyst II position benefits from HSAG’s desire to grow its staff into leaders of healthcare quality improvement in the nation. Project assignments will include nationally significant healthcare policy, measure development, and health policy research. HSAG analysts have the opportunity to work and be mentored in statistics, measure development and reporting, clinical epidemiology, SAS, Tableau, healthcare data, and an assortment of healthcare-related topics. The Analyst II position also offers the opportunity to mentor junior-level staff.
- A comfortable work-life balance, with remote-based work and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 13 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday to get a “jump start” on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and an employee stock ownership plan. Description
The Analyst II
position is a key contributor to cutting-edge analytic work that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare data projects at HSAG. The Analyst II position supports components of innovative analytic plans that are intended to provide healthcare decision and policy makers with the necessary information to transform healthcare. HSAG analysts in the Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement division assist in designing and implementing various types of analytic studies including measure testing, national quality reporting, and other health services research projects. Analysts may work with a wide array of data to facilitate data exploration, including (but not limited to) the following data types:
- case review
- medical and prescription drug claims and encounters
- electronic health record
- vital statistics
Details regarding potential project assignments and key sources of data will be discussed with candidates during the interview process.Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an integral part of HSAG Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement Division.
- Understand primary types of healthcare data and methods for approaching data assessments.
- Evaluate a wide array of data types.
Education and/or Experience
- Conduct and interpret analyses, manipulate complex databases, and track and evaluate patterns of care and outcomes.
- Perform data validation, develop, and implement analytic plans, and cross reference data.
- Attend, participate, and assist in team training meetings.
- Present and communicate project results to nonanalytic staff members and customers.
- Support analytic components of technical proposals
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, related social science, business, economics, math, statistics, or another quantitative discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience.
- At least two (2) years of healthcare experience.
- At least two (2) years of statistics and/or quantitative analysis experience or application of undergraduate stats/quantitative methods.
- Proficient in the use of SAS software for statistical programming. SAS certification preferred.
- Experience with the use of SQL.
- Experience working with relational databases and/or visualization software (e.g., Tableau).
- Experience contributing to report writing and formal written deliverables.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Disclaimer
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.