Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems for the US Department of Defense (DOD) and commercial customers, is seeking a Software Engineer to be based in our Fall River, MA, Mt. Laurel, NJ, or Arlington, VA offices. This individual will work with senior leadership and a fast-paced team of mission-focused engineers to solve some of our customers' toughest challenges. Initiative, creativity, reliability, and efficient teamwork will be required to successfully deliver innovative solutions in this dynamic customer space.
IDT is looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer to lead a team which will contribute to building our enterprise virtualization and data analysis micro-service platform. Focusing on Analysis applications, the capability lead will act as a technical lead and partial product owner in the capacities listed below.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
- Interpret use cases and requirements generated by business and software leads to design and implement various applications and capabilities using a mix of Java, Python, C++, Typescript, and SQL.
- Collaborate with other teams, business leaders, and other senior engineers to ensure a cohesive company-wide product strategy
- Review and approve documentation generated by business leadership for clarity and feasibility prior to customer distribution
- Derive and delegate tasking to your team from business and technical inputs.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Act as a mentor to other engineers
- Proactively maintain the quality of the codebase via code and design reviews
- Reduce pain points and accelerate other engineers by enhancing developer environments and workflows
- Engineer releases and ensure configuration management of delivered products
- Design, document, and implement re-useable services and business logic for a wide range of deployment types from single-user desktop to multi-user enterprise
- Test and ensure functionality of developed solutions through unit testing and adherence to established patterns and standards.
- Collaborate with team members in the context of peer-review of architecture design and implemented code
- Ensure adherence to industry standards pertaining to security, orthodox programming paradigms, and performance requirements
- Prioritization and management of individual workload across several milestones and projects efficiently
- Occasionally travel to other IDT offices and customer sites (approximately 5-10%)
- BS in Computer Science or other software-related fields
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience in software development
- Experience with Java, Python, C++, Typescript, and SQL
- Experience with REST, Pub/Sub, and other IPC methodologies
- Experience with interpretations of data models from abstract business concepts
- Experience with Linux, preferably RedHat/CentOS
- Understanding of Object Oriented and Functional Programming Paradigms
- Prioritization and management of team workloads across several milestones and projects efficiently
- Experience working in Agile software development processes
- Experience or knowledge working within a collaborative CI/CD development environment
- Experience with developer tooling: Gradle, Java, Pip, Conan, CMake, gcc, VSCode, Visual Studio
- Experience creating ERDs and Component Diagrams to communicate ideas and document solutions
- Experience designing and working directly in SQL and NoSQL database stores
- Experience using deployment platforms such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Be capable of working independently, but thrive in a team environment
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.