Job ID: 487042
Callanan Industries Inc., a CRH Company, is a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services in New York State. We provide a complete range of high-quality aggregates, asphalt, ready-mix concrete products, and construction paving services to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers. Callanan has been in business since 1883 and would not have such a long and successful track record were it not for our employees. We consider our employees our greatest strength, and we constantly strive to improve as an employer. We live by the saying, "We Make Safety Our Family Business." Safety is a core value, and employees support one another to promote a culture of safety throughout the company.
Are you ready to start building a rewarding future? Join our team today!
Job Description Summary
Various tasks of a Plant Operator:
- Work in a safe and professional manner
- Keep plant clean and maintained, including greasing and adjusting
- Report any accident or incident to supervisor
- Performs pre- and post-inspections of the plant, including fluid levels
- Fill out daily Vehicle Condition Report (VCR) when needed
- Informs supervisor of any maintenance or repairs needed
- Work long hours and weekends
- Cover vacations in different tasks as needed
- Assist with plant maintenance and plant repairs
- Work night or day shift
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate good performance, safety and attendance
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrate a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays/nights
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees
- Demonstrate the ability to conform to and maintain MSHA, OSHA, DOT and all other company policies or governmental state rules and regulations
- General knowledge in Plant Maintenance, Mechanical aptitude a must
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Maintain the highest level of customer service and courtesy
- Must have electrical background
- Ability to Operate Oxygen/ Acetylene torch and Arc Weld
- Pre-employment physical exam, drug screen and criminal background check required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
- Ideal candidate will have some familiarity with aggregate operations
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience with Quarry operations a plus
Salary and Benefits:
What CRH Offers You
- - Become part of the Union
- - This position offers a Union rate of $19.53 - $22.07 based on experience.
- - Company Discounts
- - Savings programs
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Aug 25, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Syracuse Job Segment:
Plant Operator, Plant, Equipment Operator, Electrical, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.