Under supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Field Test Technician I will be responsible for performing product verification and validation testing of agricultural equipment and electronics in the field and in simulated environments. As a Field Test Technician I, you will also: work directly with engineers to develop test set ups and assist other members of the Field Test team in executing testing in a timely and detailed manner. The Field Test Technician I must be a self-starter and present themselves in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Executing test plans in accordance with engineering standards
- Documenting results of test plans through test reports in accordance with engineering standards.
- Arranging and conducting experiments, collecting data, calculating and recording results.
- Assisting engineers with troubleshooting of prototype systems.
- Providing feedback on failures and functionality to other project team members.
- Traveling to customers for OEM site visits to resolve product issues.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment for themselves and their coworkers.
- Operating, maintaining and repairing field test equipment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED required and 3-5 years of experience as technician. Associate's degree in Agriculture or related experience desired.
- Strong troubleshooting skills; must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent documentation skills in the Office product line.
- 3+ Years of experience in farming applications related to planter and fertilizer control systems, general experience with electronics, service, and repair of farm equipment, and experience with electronics troubleshooting.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
- Precision agriculture including GPS Systems, Hydraulics and Field Mapping.
- Hydraulics and fluid controls.
- Multi-meters, oscilloscopes and function generators.
- Mechanical Measurement and inspection Tools
Must be able to:
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Operate general agricultural equipment safely (Tractor, planters, sprayers, etc.).
- Valid driver's license required.
- Use Electronic equipment: multi-meters, power supplies, etc.
- Use Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Access)
- Use available resources to research design and validate solutions not limited to but to include using web searches, field application engineers, suppliers, and other engineers
- Use soldering tools
- Use mechanical, assembly, and basic machine shop equipment
Work is typically performed in a standard office setting working at a desk or table on a level surface. Air quality is within normal limits. Eye protection is usually not required. Under normal conditions, exposure to dust, humidity, and fumes is rare. Noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate, but may occasionally require hearing protection. Individual may be required to work more hours than normally expected during a regular workweek depending on workload and deadline requirements.
May be required to sit for extended periods of time. May be required to stand and walk/move to different locations as needed. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and plant hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. TRAVEL
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
All offers of employment in the U.S., where legally permitted, are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine + 14 days) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption / reasonable accommodation from the vaccine requirement.
Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship. We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
DICKEY-john manufactures monitors, controllers, moisture testers, ground speed sensors, and a variety of other systems used in agricultural, public works, and analytical markets. Customers range from individual farmers to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). No matter what the size, the expectations are the same: a cost-effective, technologically advanced, precision product. Visit our products at https://www.dickey-john.com/Nearest Major Market:
Springfield Job Segment:
Electronics Engineer, Electronic Technician, Machinist, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Manufacturing
This job has expired.