Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
Summary: This position is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and processing of store and home office payrolls and completion of supporting post-payroll processes and required documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process payroll for all paygroups as required on a weekly basis both in US and Canada.
- Provide an excellent level of customer service by ensuring that all store/ops/DSM emails and phone calls are handled in a timely manner.
- Analyze garnishment documents received and take appropriate action as per departmental guidelines.
- Prepare management reports, various spreadsheets and import files as required.
- Ensure proper employee level tax coding for all taxing jurisdictions weekly. Assist in quarterly and annual tax review for all paygroups to ensure any updates are completed prior to quarter-end.
- Research and identify all new taxing jurisdictions for new store locations as needed and ensure timely set-up of accounts with new taxing authorities and payroll provider. Prepare and file required returns as needed.
- Submit required payroll related journal entries and maintain proper account reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Assist in training other departmental personnel as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software and basic accounting principles; Payroll systems & Microsoft EXCEL and the Microsoft Office suite.Other Skills and Abilities:
Strong ability to maintain confidentiality
High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Basic knowledge of Accounting and Math
Knowledge of Payroll taxes
Ability to handle stress of deadlines
Ability to multi task and quickly change to new priorities.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job has expired.