About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global leader in physical medicine and rehabilitation for adults and children with the most severe, complex conditions. By joining our team, you will be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You'll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You'll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You'll play a role in something that's never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes - as we Advance Human Ability, together.
The Marketing Manager will lead the development of all marketing communications and materials targeted to patients and family members. They will be the primary liaison with the advertising, design and media agencies, overseeing the creative and execution of all corresponding work and plans. Together, with the Marketing team, they will craft engaging social media strategies and content while continually monitoring activity and responding to any time sensitive responses. They will partner with all internal departments to development collateral, events or social channel support and activities. This individual will gain experience in a wide variety of marketing tactics and sustain relationships with a broad cross-section of internal hospital staff - from physician's & researchers, to therapists, nursing staff and key Alliance team members. They will have a strong creative aesthetic, a passion for working in a mission- oriented environment and be fueled by collaboration with a savvy and dynamic marketing team. They must be a proven, detail-oriented project manager but also possess a high EQ to illicit compassion in all internal and patient facing interactions, including patient stories.
The Marketing Manager will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Marketing Manager will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Manager, Marketing:
- Serves as the primary marketing liaison with creative advertising agency, media planning and buying agency and design shop.
- Collaborates with core team members to develop a strategic social media plan across all platforms and craft posts that drive engagement and increase awareness of Shirley Ryan AbilityLab. Leadership of this tactic also includes monitoring, responding and/or triaging any social media feedback.
- Patient stories are a powerful part of our marketing mix, the Marketing Manager will assist with - interviewing patients & their families and crafting emotive stories about their recovery journey. They will also track and maintain ongoing communication with patients and family members while at SRAlab (Inpatient, DayRehab, Outpatient) and beyond.
- Leads the creation of marketing collateral pieces (ongoing updates or new) for key conditions, service lines and other important programs
- Serves as the Marketing point person for all wholly owned off-site locations as well as all Alliance partnerships.
- Develops shot list, identifies patients & staff and oversees the bi-annual therapy photoshoots with designated external photographer. Also leads the annual staff headshot photoshoot with support from Marketing Coordinator.
- Provide additional marketing & creative support to the core marketing team for several key events throughout the year, including:
- Chicago Marathon
- Art in Motion
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Reports directly to the Executive Director, Marketing
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of wide-ranging experience in Marketing, Advertising or Communications with responsibility for results, including costs and methods. Experience with fundraising a plus
- Experience leading and directing a creative/design agency or comparable internal department
- Demonstrated ability of working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Demonstrated experience in determining the best use of resources to meet goals of assignments received in the form of objectives.
- Able to lead cooperative efforts among members of project teams.
- Able to follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Able to develop and administers schedules, and establish performance requirements
- Actively seeks opportunities, evaluates and considers application for SRAlab.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communications
- Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Illustrator & Photoshop) a plus.
- Able to provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Experience with advising subordinates how to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Partially remote with some in person, exact schedule to be determined
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.