MCA, your trusted advisor for wireless communications, data, and security, is seeking an experienced Advanced Security Technician in the Charleston, SC area to support our fast-growing Security division. Our professional services include a complete range of offerings allowing us to support customers in the planning, design, implementation, integration, and maintenance of state-of-the-art security systems.
MCA is building a team of people who share our values of service first, collaboration, trust and engagement. We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. There is no better time to jump into this fast-growing environment of the Security industry. When you join our team, you join the MCA family!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Installation and servicing of physical security systems / platforms, to include CCTV, access control systems, intrusion detection, communications, and many other low voltage systems.
- Train / mentor others within the team.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system issues.
- Work as a valued team member and as an individual to deliver quality results to our customers.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Work with trades and subcontractors assigned to projects.
- Serve as a lead tech on smaller projects / installations.
• Minimum 2+ years of experience with the installation and service of enterprise level physical security systems and platforms (Access Controls, CCTV, Intrusion / Burglar, etc.)
- Proficient in all device installation, headend equipment, cabling, and able to connect to network.
- Basic understanding of networking and programming.
- Able to oversee and train others on device installation.
- Demonstrated ability to use test equipment to verify installation.
- Can troubleshoot basic issues across various enterprise-level systems.
- Ability to obtain appropriate licensure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform physical tasks like walking, standing, driving, lifting up to 50lbs, and ascending / descending ladders and stairs with little to no limitation.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a 7-year background check, motor vehicle check, and drug screen.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed DIRECT REPORTS:
Must have the ability to travel as needed. Some overnight travel may be expected.WHO WE ARE
Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) provides wireless communication, data and security solutions that enhance the safety, security, and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products, and services — including two-way radio communications, vehicle uplift, security video and access control systems, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless networks. Our more than 65,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, manufacturing, education, healthcare, utilities, and government. In addition to being the largest Motorola partner in the U.S., MCA has strategic partnerships with over 1,000 major manufacturers to offer an extensive portfolio of products and technologies.
Since 2013, MCA acquired more than forty companies for both geographic density and technology portfolio diversity. These companies bring a combined industry experience of more than 75 years to build out a central corporate team and three operating divisions – Motorola (MSS), Data and Security. With more than 1350 employees and more than 85 locations throughout 13 states, we are there when our customers need us most. Our geographic footprint includes service centers across Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia with the capability to service national customers across the United States. Our solution diversity and geographic footprint provide opportunities for employee growth and career development.WHAT WE BELIEVE
When you join our team, you join the MCA family! We are better together through the MCA Way: living our core values of Service First, Growth, Teamwork, and Safety.We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “Service First DNA” culture. Service isn’t just a motto for MCA, it’s an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more. Mobile Communications America, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace and is an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity. At MCA, we are “better together.”
This job has expired.