Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 22031
PURPOSE: The Advanced Power Electronics Engineer will participate as a team member in hardware development of high power electric vehicle ( EV) chargers. This activity will include design, development and support of all related power electronics hardware activity.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Develop and implement new power electronics circuits to support the introduction of high power EV chargers
- Manage activities related to outsourcing or resourcing power electronic assemblies
- Work collaboratively with software/controls engineers to ensure successful product development
- Support mechanical packaging and system design to support electrical/thermal requirements
- Understand and navigate regulatory requirements to ensure designs meet required standards
- Work with manufacturing engineers to establish policies and processes for building and testing high power EV chargers
- Determine root cause for failed equipment
- May lead functional teams or projects. Has accountability for the performance of a team within own discipline or function.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization
- Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- Design experience related to:
- Three phase PFC front end AC/DC converters
- DC/DC resonant converter or other soft switching topologies
- EV Chargers and associated power electronic designs
- Minimum 5 years' experience designing power electronic systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Uncompromising attitude towards safety, quality and customer service
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to clearly convey concepts and present results to others
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Salary Full-Time Function:
Research & Development Section:
Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Columbus Job Segment:
Front End, Welding, Testing, Electronics, Technology, Manufacturing
This job has expired.