MCA, your trusted advisor for wireless communications, data, and security services is seeking a Advanced Field Technician for our Birmingham, AL location to support our growing Motorola Shop Services division. Two-way radios are the go-to technology for enterprises around the world; connecting people wherever they need clear, instant, and reliable communications.
MCA is building a team of people who share our values of service first, collaboration, trust and engagement. We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. There is no better time to jump into this fast-growing environment of the MSS industry. When you join our team, you join the MCA family!
There’s not a typical day for an MCA Field Technician. Some days you….
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Make It Happen: Installs, programs, and maintains complex communication equipment to get customers up and running.
- Save The Day: Be hero to the heroes. Fixing the system if things go wrong and bringing communications back online to public safety, hospitals, utilities, manufacturing, and other mission critical customers.
- Rainmaker: Design and upgrade customer systems to the latest technologies and solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Assists and collaborates well with team, Service Manager, and customer.
- Team-focused with a passion to meet customer needs.
- Resourceful technician, sometimes needs assistance/guidance from others.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and be mentored on a new technologies in communications and equipment.
- Strong communications skills end user and third parties
- Completes assigned tickets properly and on-time
- Make minor modifications to electronic circuitry per customer requests and/or deploy factory software/firmware updates
- Able to serve in an on- call rotation and provide 27/7 technical support.
Exceptional candidates have:
- Minimum 2 years, average of 5+ years of technical service and installation experience.
- Proven track record of providing hands-on operational, technical and installation support / service to complex radio and other wireless communications systems / equipment.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and solves complex equipment, programming, system and installation problems / issues.
- Extensive knowledge / understanding of radio theory, RF propagation characteristics at various frequency bands and communications systems.
- Subscriber programming expert and can successfully program various radio types based on customer requirements.
- Partners with customers to develop an installation / programming strategy and coordinates with team to ensure access to locations where products will be installed.
- Can assist in the scoping out and quoting of service, installation, and programming projects.
- Ability to read schematics, block diagrams, and flow charts to maintain or repair supported electronic systems and equipment.
- Can lead team and work area to ensure proper staging and execution of work, and that a safe environment is maintained.
- Supports the development of talent and technical skill sets of the service team.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and mentor on new technologies in communications and equipment.
- Proficiency in operating various test equipment.
- A two-year degree in Electronics, IT, or applicable subject.
- Proficient with Motorola equipment – installing, programming, and troubleshooting.
- P25 and/or MotoTRBO experience.
- BDA / DAS installation experience.
- CET certification.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed. DIRECT REPORTS:
No Direct Reports TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have the ability to travel as needed. Some overnight travel may be expected. WHO WE ARE
Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) provides wireless communication, data and security solutions that enhance the safety, security, and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products, and services — including two-way radio communications, vehicle uplift, security video and access control systems, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless networks. Our more than 65,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, manufacturing, education, healthcare, utilities, and government. In addition to being the largest Motorola partner in the U.S., MCA has strategic partnerships with over 1,000 major manufacturers to offer an extensive portfolio of products and technologies.
Since 2013, MCA acquired more than forty companies for both geographic density and technology portfolio diversity. These companies bring a combined industry experience of more than 75 years to build out a central corporate team and three operating divisions – Motorola (MSS), Data and Security. With more than 1350 employees and more than 85 locations throughout 13 states, we are there when our customers need us most. Our geographic footprint includes service centers across Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia with the capability to service national customers across the United States. Our solution diversity and geographic footprint provide opportunities for employee growth and career development. WHAT WE BELIEVE
When you join our team, you join the MCA family! We are better together through the MCA Way: living our core values of Service First, Growth, Teamwork, and Safety.We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “Service First DNA” culture. Service isn’t just a motto for MCA, it’s an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more. Mobile Communications America, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace and is an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity. At MCA, we are “better together.”
This job has expired.