Admissions and Recruitment Specialist
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Admissions and Recruitment Specialist
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions and Recruitment, this position manages all administrative aspects of the School's recruitment function as well as process admission applications for all degree programs offered by the School of Social Policy & Practice. As part of the Admissions Team, this position is responsible for representing the School at some local and national recruitment events recruiting qualified students to the School's degree programs. This position provides coordination of, and registration for, all recruitment events, maintains the recruitment calendar and inventory, and manages all prospect lists from recruitment/admissions events. The position assists in generating ad hoc/routine status and trend reports utilizing the admissions/enrollment management database and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool called Slate. The position provides a high level of responsive customer service and reliable follow up to prospects and applicants throughout the admissions process to matriculation. An essential component of this job is promoting customer satisfaction with prospective students and applicants. This position is also responsible for technical aspects through Slate related to communication plans in concert with other members of the Admissions Team and serving as the content manager for the recruitment and prospective student web pages of the School's website. The role also assists in the management of temporary workers and serves as back-up for the Assistant Director of Admissions. Occasional evening and weekend work is required, as is occasional travel.
- Play an active role in the planning and implementation of recruitment and admissions events and activities, including participating in recruitment events, information sessions, and accepted student open house events.
- Represent the School at local and national recruitment events, interface with prospective students and convey the degree program offerings and Penn Advantage.
- Meet directly with prospective students for pre-application meetings to discuss admission process, application requirements, and general information about degree programs.
- Follow up to establish rapport with prospective students to encourage them to apply and ultimately matriculate.
- Execute prospect communication plans in concert with other members of the Admissions Team through Slate - the admissions/enrollment management database and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
Reporting and Data Analysis:
- Manage all administrative aspects of the recruitment function, which includes processing/reporting registration for all recruitment events, preparing recruitment supplies and shipping materials to each event, maintaining the recruitment calendar and inventory.
- Manage all prospect lists from recruitment/admissions events (on/off campus fairs, on campus and online information sessions, and open houses) ensuring prompt and accurate data entry to Slate.
- Secure location, catering, housekeeping, and security services as needed for on-campus events.
- Assists with the communications and logistics for on-campus/online recruitment events and special projects working in collaboration with Associate Dean and Associate Director.
- Assist in generating ad hoc/routine status and trend reports utilizing Slate database technology to the fullest advantage.
- Participate in evaluation process of outcomes and yearly evaluations of recruitment effectiveness through data analysis and research on graduate education trends/issues in related disciplines.
- This reporting and data analysis work is done in consultation with the Associate Director of Admissions and Recruitment to assist in using data to support decision making including cost benefit analyses in support of recruitment planning.
- Process applications for all degree programs. This responsibility is shared with the Assistant Director of Admissions.
- Manage incoming email/telephone/voicemail inquiries from prospective students and applicants.
- Promote customer satisfaction through the timely response of all inquiries and promptness in processing applications.
- Responsible for scheduling application interviews
- Conducts meticulous follow up communication with applicants using Slate to ensure receipt of required admission material, completion of applications, and release of decision letters.
- Execute admissions communication plans in concert with other members of the Admissions Team through Slate - the admissions/enrollment management database and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
Assist in management of temporary employees:
- Responsible for collaborating with the Web/Strategic Communications Specialist on serving as the content manager for the recruitment and prospective student web pages of the School's website. This includes managing the recruitment event list page, information session and accepted student event registration pages, as well as ensuring pre-application meeting registration and availability is updated regularly.
Perform additional duties as assigned
- Coordinate the onboarding of all temporary admissions employees by working with the Finance Office to submit hiring paperwork.
- Coordinate scheduling and payment process for all temporary admissions employees by maintaining the part-time employee schedule and submitting payment documentation to the Finance Office.
- Serve as a backup for the Assistant Director of Admissions
A high school diploma or GED and 5 to 7 years of experience in the higher education admissions arena, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. A Bachelor's degree and 2 to 3 years of experience are preferred. Technical expertise in using MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and WordPress is required. Experience using Slate admissions and prospect management system is strongly preferred. Applicant must have superior organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills. Excellent planning, follow through, and detail orientation is a must. Ability to interface with all levels of stakeholders effectively. Must possess sound judgment and problem-solving skills. Experience in data analysis/management for strategy development are also preferred. The successful candidate will possess initiative and be results oriented with the ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team. Some night and weekend work are required to support recruitment events, and a valid driver's license is needed for off-site recruitment travel.
Office, Library, Computer Room
Typically sitting at a desk or tableJob Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
School of Social Policy and PracticePay Range
$20.00 - $36.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Sch-PubPol-Caster-Building/Admissions-and-Recruitment-Specialist_JR00033133-2
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency