The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Iowa is seeking an Administrative Services Coordinator (ASC) to support the daily operations of the Chair/Department Executive Officer (DEO), the Department Administrator (CDA), and associated Vice-Chairs in the Department of Psychiatry. The ASC is an essential and important part of the administrative office structure and will perform a wide range of tasks that required a high degree of independence, discretion, judgement, and confidentiality. This position helps to facilitate compliance with Collegiate and UI Health Care initiatives and requirements on behalf of the DEO, CDA and Vice-Chairs.
This is a great opportunity for a high-level Executive Assistant with excellent foresight, tactful communication, and outstanding organization skills. If you enjoy helping others in a positive, friendly, and polite atmosphere, consider being a part of this interesting and exciting place to work. We offer excellent training, support, a competitive wage, benefits, and an outstanding working environment!
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, edit, proof, and distribute confidential correspondence for the Department Chair. Handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinate projects as directed by Department of Psychiatry leadership.
- Manage the Department Chair's schedule, exercising judgment in prioritizing appointments, determining meeting needs and maintaining calendar activities.
- Coordinate travel, including flight arrangements, hotel reservations, car rental, and meeting registrations for the Department Chair, faculty recruits, visitors, and educational speakers.
- Gather and provide information to divisions, departments, hospital, and college as necessary and/or requested.
- Coordinate and manage the faculty promotion administrative process, faculty annual review, reappointment, and adjunction renewal processes.
- Serve as primary contact for information management/communications to internal and external customers/clients; process concerns, inquiries, complaints referring onto others as necessary for interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Assist in coordinating special departmental events or recognition ceremonies.
- Prepare agendas, assemble materials, create, edit and proof minutes and provide administrative support during faculty meetings and activities.
- Provide assistance to faculty regarding ELMs time recording.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Demonstrates respect for all members of the University community while performing one's duties and in response to administrators, supervisors, coworkers, and customers; constructively brings forward workplace concerns to coworkers and/or supervisor.
- Welcomes the richness of talent from a diverse workforce and recognizes that diversity brings stimulation, challenge, and energy that contribute to a productive and effective workplace.
- Represents the interests of the University and of unit leadership in the use of resources to meet service and productivity demands within unit goals and budgets; strives to promote continual process and quality improvement.
- Seeks opportunities to enhance one's own knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to one's current position and/or to prepare for potential future roles and overall career development.
Percent: 100%, full-timeRequired Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience in creating, editing a proofreading internal and external correspondence prior to publication.
Must be proficient in computer software applications; proficient working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Skype for Business, and Zoom.
One year experience providing executive or administrative support within the last 2 years.
Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment required.
Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting.
Ability to work independently and set and execute work priorities.
High degree of attention to detail and a high level of organization skills that will create high quality experience for everyone as they work with faculty, staff, visitors, and patientsDesirable Qualifications
Previous experience in office, project/program management.
Previous experience providing administrative support in a clinical environment.
Knowledge of University policies, procedures, and regulations.Application Process
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a Cover Letter and Resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Professional references will be required at a later time in the recruitment process. For further information contact email@example.com .
- Classification Title: Admin Services Coordinator
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Lori Posey
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org