Reporting to the Department Chair with guidance from the Executive Director of the Department of Neurology (DON), the Project Coordinator will provide operations support, project management, and analytical support for high priority initiatives articulated by the Chair in the DON. This includes but not limited to collection and summary of DON clinical and research data; production of Chair-requested reports and PowerPoint presentations; support in the preparation and submission of manuscripts; support in the preparation and submission of research grants; enumerating and tracking graduates of DON training programs. The incumbent would work as a part of a team to identify opportunities for growth and service enhancement, develop project plans, implement operational projects, and evaluate the success of such activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the DON Chair's administrative and research duties including enumeration and tracking of DON research publications, DON faculty and trainee awards, etc. Works with the leadership on identifying opportunities for systems improvements by analyzing front-end process flows and making recommendations for improvements.
- Works with the DON Chair in the preparation and submission of manuscripts for publications as scientific articles, chapters, books. Preparation and maintenance of End Notes bibliographies.
- Works with the DON Chair or his/her designee in the preparation and submission of research grants. In this role, also works with existing DON and BWH/MGB grants administrations teams.
- Supports the DON Chair and Executive Director with event planning and execution (seminars, retreats, advisory board meetings, etc).
- Supports the DON Chair in his/her national leadership roles (planning meetings, invited lectures, speaker invitations, venue selection and reservation, etc).
- Updates and maintains the DON Chair curriculum vitae and biosketches.
- Supports the production and maintenance of department level statistics and reports.
- Communicates regularly with all necessary Department and BWH personnel to provide ongoing support and work progress updates to ensure such initiatives are executed effectively and efficiently.
- Performs other duties as requested and assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels within a complex academic medical center required.
- Demonstrated project coordination, team facilitation, and analytic skills.
- Ability to facilitate and to work within dynamic teams as well as to work independently.
- Process improvement training experience in a healthcare setting preferred
HOSPITAL WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, independent decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite and use of systems for analyzing and reporting on data.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work well under pressure; keep track of details, and follow through to completion of tasks within specific time limits.
- Requires excellent judgment, tact, sensitivity and the ability to function independently in a complex academic environment.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and meet HIPAA requirements regarding patient and department-specific information.
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners; follows safe practices required for the position; complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures; fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners, as appropriate; brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.EEO Statement
BWH is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.