GPT is the world's leading manufacturer of critical pipeline sealing and electrical isolation products. With a focus on safety, performance and reliability, we employ advanced engineering and manufacturing processes to meet the challenging demands of the oil and gas, water/wastewater, and construction and infrastructure industries.
The Staff Accountant position is an excellent opportunity for an eager and motivated learner to join our GPT Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day accounting activities, financial reporting, and providing analytical support to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial information. The ideal candidate will be a proactive team player who is detailed-oriented and grow in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Finance Manager, gain exposure to a variety of accounting functions, and contribute to the success of the organization.
Salary: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year + Bonus (Base Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, sills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
401(k), 401(k) matching, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Life and AD&D, Employee assistance program, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prepare and maintain accurate financial records, including general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, and account analysis.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes, ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
- Perform variance analyses and provide explanations for significant discrepancies in financial results.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and management reports in compliance with US GAAP and company policies.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather relevant financial information and provide support on budgeting, forecasting, and cost control activities.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures, and assist with the implementation of process improvements.
- Assist with tax filings, audit preparation, and other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Establish and maintain work relationships with all levels through a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Strong participation & support of Agile teams & related company departments (logistics, production, engineering, sales, procurement, and information technology)
- Comply with the company 5S standards and safety regulations.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions, when needed.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis and reporting as needed.
- Communication - excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and interact with members of the team.
- Problem solving - must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; appropriately gather and analyze information and apply creative talents to problem-solving.
- Confidentiality - ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive Company and personal information; ability to work with confidentiality.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. Detail orientated.
- Adaptability - must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment and manage competing demands in a productive manner.
- Open-mindedness - Willingness to accept/drive change and desire to become a leader.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in accounting or a related field, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and experience with accounting software.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- CPA or pursuing CPA certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Oracle and Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience a plus, or other ERP systems.
- Google Suite experience a plus.
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
Office Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
GPT values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
This job has expired.