Kitsap Credit Union has a full-time, salaried, in-person or hybrid opening for a Accountant in beautiful Kitsap County, WA. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working with broad-based accounting assignments requiring advanced knowledge of accounting theory and in compliance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Main responsibilities include general ledger/bank account reconciliations, month-end close, financial statement preparation, and regulatory/tax reporting. Ensure complete, accurate, and timely completion of financial records for the Credit Union.
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Supervisor, Accounting
Employment Type: Full-time, salaried.
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8 AM-5 PM
Job Functions: Accounting, Reporting, Finance, Business
Typical Job Duties
This role may be right for you if
- Prepare and present monthly financial statements for management. Ensure financial data follows GAAP
- Process monthly updates and allocations in profitability software
- Maintain credit union investment portfolio including processing settlement transactions and preparation of monthly and quarterly reports
- Manage corporate accounts and liquidity position to ensure adequate cash levels to support daily settlement transactions. Project future liquidity needs and maintain appropriate borrowing capacity
- Complete monthly general ledger account reconciliations. Investigate discrepancies by collaborating and communicating with credit union staff and management to ensure items are cleared in a timely manner
- Prepare and submit quarterly 5300 Call Report to regulators (NCUA). Maintain appropriate backup documentation and update Datalink software as needed
- Gather and submit data to tax return preparer, prepare various tax returns and transmit tax deposits
- Prepare various schedules for annual CPA audit and regulatory exam (DFI/NCUA)
you have a keen eye to both detail and compliance. You pride yourself on understanding regulations and your ability to resolve complex reconciliation across ledgers. Your previous employers' site your ability to accurately prepare statements and reports ahead of deadlines, and your previous coworkers talk about how you were always available for questions and to teach them something new. Your friends seek you out when they are trying to make sense of their budgets and you are always ready to help. Your family is proud of your ability to proactively plan and manage the budget in a way that benefits them. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Four years' experience with a credit union in an accounting or finance department, or equivalent accounting or finance experience desired. This includes general ledger reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and investment accounting.
- Experience in working with NCUA/DFI and/or independent auditors.
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
******Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status.******
This job has expired.