The Cycle Counter position is generally responsible for safely and accurately verifying inventory daily within the Boston Gear facility with the objective of meeting or exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily cycle counts on assigned part numbers
- Verify part numbers, quantities and locations.
- Reconcile and verify previous day's variances. Investigate and research the cause factors for variances.
- Run exception reports using ERP system and communicate to department management and Finance
- Operate industrial power equipment such as forklift, hand truck, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with performing math calculations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated safety orientation and compliance mindset
- Demonstrated pattern of reliability and dependability as related to attendance and work assignments
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and collaborative skills
- Positive "can do" attitude with a demonstrated willingness to listen and learn
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset. Exposure to lean manufacturing principles is a plus.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changes in internal processes, delays or unexpected events.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to be self-directed and self-motivated while taking initiative with projects and tasks.
- Basic proficiency with computers, including the ability to accurately enter and search for data
- Proficient in English language skills, including effective verbal and written communication
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours, including overtime and weekends (e.g. during physical inventory), as required
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- A High School diploma or GED equivalency from an accredited institution is desired
- Prior cycle count experience is required
- Previous experience operating powered industrial equipment is desired
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is desired
Majority of time is spent in a manufacturing production environment with some (but not all) climate-controlled areas. Personal protective safety equipment must be worn, and proper safety precautions must be observed. Potential exposure may include, but is not limited to: solvents, dusts, lead, fiberglass, noise, heat, cold.
Potential physical demands include, but are not limited to: frequent walking and standing, occasional twisting, stooping, carrying, handling, pushing, and pulling; climbing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. Potential sensory demands include but are not limited to: hearing and seeing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.