We are currently seeking an experienced professional to work with our R&D Clinical business function, early and late stage clinical scientists, clinical business operations, applied innovation and process improvements business functions. The Associate Director - Clinical IT Business Technology Management is accountable for identifying, qualifying, and driving adoption of technology solutions that drive measurable business outcomes for assigned business functions. Acting as tone of the key interface for Applied innovation and process improvement organization, the role focuses on IT enablement of the various innovation and process improvements portfolio opportunities across multiple business functions in close partnership with relevant business/IT stakeholders including internal /external IT delivery/shared services functions to deliver upon the intended business and technology outcomes.
The specific responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Business-IT partnership and relationship management
- Strategic capability roadmaps, investment planning, and development of business cases /requirements
- Technology thought leadership, business consulting and IT advisory services specifically in the areas of emerging technologies, data privacy, and security.
- Lead and manage Business Demand, IT portfolio, prioritization, governance, and delivery of the technical capabilities
- Business and IT process improvements, innovation and automation opportunity identification and roadmapping
- Align diverse stakeholders on objectives and approaches to complex projects; act as a connector between business stakeholders and IT backend /technical operations
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering is required. MBA or Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of IT experience is required.
- Experience leading customer facing technology teams within pharmaceutical R&D clinical and/or adjacent sub-domains is required.
- An ideal candidate should have worked in IT consulting, Product management, biopharmaceuticals or adjacent industries such as digital health, CROs, health care etc.
- Understanding of all aspects of clinical business domain as well as deeper understanding of clinical technologies, platforms, tools and solutions including emerging and legacy technologies and relevance/applicability of that to biopharmaceutical companies.
- Experience providing technology support on innovation center projects with focus on digital solutions that transform the experience, efficiency and outcomes for care teams and patients
- Broader understanding of security and privacy regulations, GDPR, internal/external Audits and CAPA management and anticipate future technology need.
- Knowledge of global computer system regulatory requirements as they relate to systems development, testing, and validation preferred including 21 CFR Part 11 requirements.
- Insights and knowledge of industry and technology trends and best practices in data integration, application integration, information management, and business analytics including big-data solutions.
- Superior presentation skills with the ability to influence, drive action and strategy including ability to effectively interface with senior leadership and demonstrate executive presence.
- Organizational change management, issues & conflict management, business-technology innovation and transformation experience.
- Up to 20% travel is required, based upon business needs.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External
. Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.
This job has expired.