Sargent Aerospace & Defense
The scheduled shift hours for this position are 3:30PM - 2:00AM Monday through Thursday
Purpose and Scope:
This position supports operational excellence in the machining processes to drive productivity, quality and continuous improvement. This role will be expected to collaborate with the Sargent team to exceed organizational goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Model Safe behaviors at all times
• Follow company quality control standards to include in process inspection and documentation.
• Knowledge of safety standards for equipment being run
• Must be able to make decisions, communicate effectively and work well with others in a team environment.
• Monitor operations and quickly react to non-confirming as they occur
• Produce and inspect parts
• Deburr own parts using machines such as milling, drilling, grinding and other machines as needed.
• Perform and record first piece inspection and in process inspection sheets.
• Assist others with machining problems.
• Sets up proven jobs on CNC machinery, adjusts equipment, tooling requirements and maintain efficient production of high quality parts.
Required Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ machine shop experience.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Application of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics (algebra, geometry and trigonometry).
• Ability to efficiently utilize precision measuring equipment for part inspection.
• Ability to read, interpret and understand technical drawings and work instructions.
• Working knowledge of CNC machine code and ability to change off sets.
• Must be able to set up proven jobs.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of this position.
Preferred Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Conventional experience is a plus
• Strong CNC Lathe skills preferred
Posted 10 days ago
Posted 10 days ago
Posted 7 days ago