- Evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials; conferring with vendors and soliciting observations from plant operators.
- Develop and Implement Standard Operating Procedures
- Study product requirements and develop manufacturing processes through researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment and conferring with equipment manufacturers.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency through analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, then testing finished product and process capabilities and establishing standards to confirm the manufacturing process and results.
- Provide manufacturing decision making information through calculating production, labor and material costs, reviewing production schedules and estimating future requirements.
- Collect, analyze and summarize data, information and trends to prepare product and process reports. Maintain product and process data through identified computer programs.
- Perform CNC programming as required to change, improve or update machining processes and methods.
- Support engineering, manufacturing, and quality assurance by providing data and information and answering questions and providing solutions as requested.
- Implement new systems and procedures as designed.
- Utilize FMEA, DFMEA and DOE's to drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing and engineering processes.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services, following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures and requesting special services as needed.
- Develop and mentor staff and technicians and provide strong developmental support.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participation in related professional organizations.
- Direct efforts to meet and/or exceed compliance with all regulatory bodies, organizations and government requirements in the performance of position duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Six to eight years' experience in manufacturing environment involving high speed machining operations.
- Experience with capital projects scope development, justification and management.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma tools.
- Outstanding PC/Systems knowledge and skills.
- CNC and tooling experience required.
- Exposure to ductile iron and stainless steel preferred.
- Knowledge of automation and robotic applications preferred.
- Strong leadership, communications and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of employees, customers and outside professionals.
- Knowledge dealing with complex manufacturing situations, hardware specifications, quality standards, product development, CAD/CAM and technical specifications.
- Experience with machine simulation software
- Experience with Fanuc and Siemens controllers is a plus
- Experience with machine monitoring and OEE optimization is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sexual orientation, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship status and creed.
This job has expired.