WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Senior Underwriter for our Consumer Lending division. The Senior Underwriter is responsible for underwriting complex loans according to lending policy, ensuring the Bank's Standard of quality and procedures are met. The incumbent will review, analyze and render decisions focusing on complex multifaceted consumer loans including, but not limited to Array and Private Banking. The incumbent will maintain credit standards, policies and procedures and manage exceptions with in an acceptable tolerance and communicate decisions to internal customers. The incumbent will also make credit decisions, based on regulations to ensure that the Bank is in compliance with regulatory requirements.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm position, located in Newark, DE.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Must have 5-7 years of lending and credit review experience, including a strong background reviewing personal and business financial statements and tax returns with proven ability to render sound credit decision on own authority.
• Must have a strong knowledge in Consumer loan underwriting and analysis, including the review and interpretation of client financial statements and tax returns.
• Must possess mentoring skills along with excellent oral and written communications skills to interact with internal customers.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills to interact with both internal and external customers.
• This position requires independent thinking and will be able to effectively balance the need for growth with prudent lending practices in individual decision-making, coaching and collaborating with our internal customers.
• Must have thorough knowledge of credit and regulatory policy.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Requirements: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
WSFS Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/ Drug-Free Workplace