The Planner position will be responsible for driving the ECN management and discontinued SKU processes. Schedule production planning and Shop Floor controls. Manages WIP inventory. This position will report directly to the Production Control Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Drive the ECN management and discontinued SKU processes
* Set effective dates in conjunction with Purchasing
* Evaluate unique components to remove minimum order quantities, multiples, days of safety stock and safety stock.
* Evaluate order policies of new components regarding periods of supply vs. lot for lot
* Establish book multiples and pallet multiples
* Communicate all revisions and or cancellations of work orders to the production group to minimize obsolescence.
* Create new work orders to support final build quantities, based on inventory inaccuracies.
Production Planning and Shop Floor Control
* Master Schedule various work centers in creating a level load plan to minimize component shortages and maximize efficiencies: RTF Cell, Facia Cell, Lamination, Rhino Lining process.
* Review all partially completed work orders and work with production to close work orders short.
* Assure that all mill components have accurate JDE Item Branch attributes: Pattern Number, Pieces per sheet, Drawing Number
* Review with production and finance work order variances
* Monitor overproduction of work orders and analyze root causes
* Review daily yield reports with production
* Follow up on daily particle board shortages
* Review Off fall work orders
* Manage Mill scrap recovery process by creating WO's for demand only parts with no parts list and distribute to the floor; Review and revise existing work orders based on daily mill scrap recovery.
Manage WIP Inventory
* Recommend rework options and re-distribute product to other branch plants
* Review 'No Demand' and Excess Inventory reports and work with production to disposition.
* Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
* Champion RSI's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
III.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's Degree in business, operations management or supply chain management or related field from an accredited college or university is required
* 5 -- 10 years of experience in manufacturing, purchasing and materials controls, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* APICS certification is a plus
* Experience with JD Edwards OneWorld ERP system is highly desirable
* Ability to multi-task in order to manage multiple projects at a time.
* Possess "Big Picture" Operations knowledge.
* Must be able to work with all departments within RSI in order to be effective.
* Excellent time management skills to manage high volume in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Able to build productive relationships with suppliers and customers.
* Must be team & people oriented, professional and displays a "can-do" attitude.
* Must be proficient in MSOffice/Windows in a networked PC environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled