Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
This position is contingent upon award of the contract. The Senior Telecommunications Specialist will demonstrate analytical, problem-solving and communication skills in working with technical, functional, and management personnel.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management, administration, maintenance, security, installation, and support secure telecommunications equipment for DOE HQ responsibilities and COMSEC Key Management System.
- Interface/integrate with the local classified and unclassified wide area network telecommunications operations on all matters involving secure telecommunications compatibility and connectivity.
- Conduct secure telecommunication equipment (STE) installation, repair, upgrades, troubleshooting and destruction of Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI).
- Detect, diagnose, report, and analyze and resolve problems associated with hardware, applications software in support of classified telecommunications equipment and cryptographic items.
- Will utilize National Security Agency-approved Key Management Systems and associated equipment.
- Assist in COMSEC audits/inspections/inventories and training as required.
- Keep abreast of new equipment and Key Management requirements and operations.
- Protect operations and equipment according to DOE and National Policy requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
- There are no supervisory responsibilities.
- The candidate must have experience working with Communications Security (COMSEC) type 1 KEY and associated equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline is desired, but not a requirement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A combination of eight (8) years of relevant industry experience in Type I Key management and secure telecommunications/COMSEC equipment and/or Federal Government experience with relevant certifications is required.
- Candidate must have the expertise and working knowledge of COMSEC and COR operations and requirements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Security Clearance:
- Will provide analytical, problem solving, and communication skills to deal with senior level field oversight.
- As required by the contract, must possess appropriate level clearance (Q and TS clearance and SCI eligible).
- All personnel is required to possess an active Department of Energy (DOE) "Q" access authorization to perform under this contract. An active Top Secret clearance from Other Government Agencies, such as Department of Defense (DoD) based upon a single scope background investigation is typically acceptable for clearance reciprocity if the background investigation is less than five (5) years old. It is required that specified personnel have access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally, stand; walk; sit; use hands and /or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operated vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. Physical and psychological capabilities are required which allow him/her to perform activities during sustained periods of intense concentration, working with electrical hazards, under adverse weather conditions, in confined and restricted areas. The ability to climb and work at heights; lift and carry heavy loads of at least 70 pounds; Travel:
TBD Work Environment:
General office environment.
This job has expired.