The HR Assistant III will provide a range of services to support the organizations hourly hiring process. This role will coordinate with business partners and serve as the point of contact for newly hired hourly employees or internal transfers from the time they verbally accept the offer through their onboarding of employment ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations as well as organizational policies and procedures.
* Validate new hire and internal transfer information, ensuring successful and timely completion of required paperwork during onboarding or transfer process
* Centralized movement of candidates across hiring steps in HCM
* Standardize work to improve processes and ensure a positive employee experience through the management of multiple tasks and small scale projects
* Ensure onboarding steps completed related to acceptance, I-9, tax, benefits
* Communicate with contract labor agencies on plant need
* Complete contract labor payroll
* Manage contract labor to permanent conversions
* Scorecard turnover data by department
* Creative sourcing through managing hiring events & job fairs
* Participate in hourly staffing review to ensure hourly hiring expectations are met for clients
* Conduct pre-employment screening as needed
This position typically has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education and/or Experience
* Associate's Degree preferred, work experience considered in lieu of
* Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience
* Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
* Knowledge of common human resources practices, employment laws and/or government compliance regulations is a plus
* Team player who works well with counterparts from various functions/ departments
* Experience utilizing an applicant tracking system
* Strong computer and technical skills relating to email, electronic calendar, word-processing, presentations and spreadsheets
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excels at using quantitative data to drive recommendations and decisions
Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to carry out responsibilities or respond to common inquiries from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts to such tasks as statistical and financial math calculations, with knowledge of determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw and communicate valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Some out-of-town travel may be required. Occasional weekend work and extended evening hours is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled