Looking for a meaningful job where the work you do truly makes a difference in people's lives every day? West's Health Advocate division in San Antonio, TX is currently seeking Benefits Associates. A Benefits Associate at Health Advocate plays an important role in providing guidance and direction to our members regarding their benefit plans. If you have previous customer service experience, this role may be a good fit for applying your current knowledge and learning about health benefits to help members and expand your care
Health Advocate offers a comprehensive training program to develop the knowledge you need to be successful in assisting members.
We offer Great Benefits!
The benefits package for this position includes very generous Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holiday policy, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) with a match. Health Advocate has Employee Assistance Programs, wellness programs, and employee activities to support employees with various goals.
Our Benefits Associates are responsible for:
- Interfacing with internal and external resources to provide guidance and direction regarding benefit plan options, cost factors and detailed benefit review
- Answer incoming calls and respond to benefit inquires
- Place outbound follow-up calls for issues that cannot be resolved during the initial call
- Provide benefit information to members, about questions and concerns about benefit options
- Help members compare and contrast benefits during open enrollment, or client new hires, and members experiencing a change of status
- High School Degree or GED required
- Associate's degree with major course work in business administration, liberal arts, public health, healthcare management, or a related field preferred
- Minimum one year customer service, healthcare, or employee benefits experience
Knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel
This job has expired.
- Medicare A, B, MediGap, Supplement plans, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D plans
- High deductible health plans including Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) and Health Saving Accounts (HSAs)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA), including limited FSAs
- Coordination of benefits and which plan is primary - simple cases (commercial plans, Medicare plans)
- Summary Plan Documents (SPDs) and Certificates of Coverage (COCs)
- Government programs, resources and legislation and mandates including but not limited to Affordable Care Act, FMLA, Medicaid, CHIP
- Group Health Plans (fully insured and self-insured)
- Pharmacy benefits including injectable medications
- Individual Health Plans and Marketplace/E