The BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit (BBU) creates and executes meaningful therapeutic area and product strategies that are focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to changing the course of medicine and bringing innovative therapies to enhance the quality of life for our patients. The BBU integrates commercial, market access, medical, digital, and corporate functions to drive scientific development and commercial excellence in the core areas of respiratory, cardiovascular, renal and diabetes disease.
The opportunity is to join AstraZeneca as the Global Franchise Head of Aerosphere. The role is based in either Wilmington DE or Gaithersburg MD and reports to Senior Vice President - Respiratory & Immunology.
As Global Franchise Head of Aerosphere you will be accountable for:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountability for the Bevespi (COPD) and Breztri Aerosphere (COPD and asthma), development strategy from POC- 18 month through commercialization, launch and LCM.
- Strategic leadership of the cross-functional Global Franchise Team (GFT) to deliver successful global product strategy aligned to the global brand strategy through the brand's life cycle.
- Leads global transformation programs on-time and on-budget, and in adherence with quality and compliance standards. Shared accountability with commercial VP for successful commercialization of Breztri/Bevespi and subsequent LCM.
- Accountable for leadership of pMDI next generation propellant strategy and implementation plan, in partnership with R&D, pMDI portfolio leaders and development teams.
- Lead Aerosphere franchise project team and support GPLs in leadership of indication GPTs. Builds and effectively leads high performing cross-functional teams, including performance management.
- Shape the Breztri/Bevespi strategic science story to transform COPD and asthma care and maximize the product lifecycle, above and beyond LCM.
- Define and drive strategic and scientific value creation across lifecycle including approval, launch, growth and even maturing / expiry.
- Works collaboratively with global and MC commercial teams to develop and deliver business cases to secure strategic alignment and investment during internal business planning processes, including TA strategy and long-range planning.
- Engage, inform and influence internal and external stakeholders to support approaches.
- Sponsor/driver of next generation propellant activities and stakeholder management. Accountable to deliver solution to achieve corporate goals for sustainability for Aerosphere portfolio. Project representative on JSC for development of HFO-1234 ze.
- Ambassador and role model for integrated internal customers and KEE engagement in strategy development and science cascade. Provide leadership and drive for external engagement of medical community.
- Delivery of the product Target Product Profile (TPP) and Target Product Claims (TPC).
- Delivery of governance-approved business cases within tolerance on time, cost and quality, working with functional management as required to resolve issues.
- Delivery of product information to support internal and external business portfolio reporting (eg. CEO briefings, annual results communications etc) Partnering with Investor Relations to develop and actively manage the external messages for the analyst community for end of year results and all other material business interactions.
- Effective and transparent risk, opportunity and issue management at strategic, tactical and operational levels.
- Simplifies the complex, anticipates obstacles and barriers and works around them by integrating robust scientific, competitive intelligence, KOL and payer insights. Seeks partners and collaborators that share our passion for science.
- Ensures appropriate Governance and Compliance and protects AZ's Rights, Data and Intellectual Property.
- Inputs into the functional strategy on behalf of global projects.
- Bachelor's degree is required with science expertise as preferred.
- Proven success in a global leadership or above markets leadership roles role.
- Strong clinical development background.
- Strong knowledge in Respiratory therapeutic area.
- Launch experience.
- Proven strong influencing skills and stakeholder management
- Experienced and comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Understanding of and adaptable to working variances of different countries and different cultures
- Successful experience of remote team management
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills, demonstrating flexibility and a proven ability to deal with complexity under time pressure.
- Experience and effectiveness in the presentation of written and verbal business cases to the most senior Management.
- Numerate and having financial literacy
- Experience to create a positive relationship with third parties as an AZ Ambassador at Board and Executive Committee level.
- Tenacity and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrates structured and measured leadership, interactions and decision-making during periods of high intensity in external or internal deliberations.
- A flexible, team orientated attitude, willing to contribute own skills to deliver AZ priority projects
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Second degree, e.g. MBA. PhD
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.