The position is responsible for managing Design, Order Processing and Customer Service activities in a Service Center. This includes coordinating and scheduling field service and providing administrative support to field superintendents and all customers/clients.
* Responsible for creating a work environment in the customer service center that is in alignment with the company's CITE Principles and Supporting values.
* Manage internal operation including Design, Order Processing and Customer Service in meeting and/or exceeding job completion, just-in-time deliveries and installations, and service policy goals.
* Achieves customer service objectives by analyzing customer service information; makes recommendations to support the achievement of strategic plans.
* Develops action plans to improve operations, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
* Works with BSR, Sales and GM to resolve customer issues.
* Manages the manpower requirements of the Design, Order Process and the Customer Service Department by overseeing and coordinating the recruitment and on-boarding of employees and new customers. Additionally, this position is responsible for communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures and the discipline of employees in the department.
* Instruct representatives on proper handling of any situation that may fall outside the normal scope of their authority.
* Function as a team player with sales and operations to insure effective field execution and customer satisfaction by efficiently performing order processing and scheduling of field service
* Should be able to increase productivity and performance of the team through increased visibility through reporting and implementation of training programs.
* Develops and implements procedures pertinent to be effective and efficient operation of the Design, Order Processing and the Customer Service departments.
* Ability to set direction and build scorecards to drive performance of department
* Partner with management team to align customer service department policies and systems with the company's objectives
* Establish scorecards elements, targets and measure performance
* Measures employee's performance and make employment decisions.
* Assists employees in troubleshooting orders that require special handling.
This job typically manages the Design/Estimating, Customer Service and Order Processing departments in a Service Center.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
* Bachelor's degree in a related field;
* Minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience in recruiting, developing and retaining an effective team,
* Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in a customer service or field operations environment;
* Advanced keyboarding skills required, knowledge of windows based applications preferred;
* Ability to build effective business relationships and work effectively with all levels of employees within AWC and its customer's organization and the public;
* Ability to lead by example with a positive, caring attitude toward customers;
* Ability to recruit, develop and retain an effective customer service team using effective team management philosophy;
* Ability to motivate customer service team in an effort to meet or exceed team goals;
* Excellent systems skills/knowledge to include: OBS and other AWC systems;
* Excellent reasoning ability and decision making skills;
* Excellent communication and organization skills; and
* The ability to actively participate as a team player.
Ability to read, and interpret common business documents including business reports, charts, graphs and diagrams. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, members of the business community and public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Work shifts may vary from standard business hours.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled