EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is seeking an entry-level highway engineer for our Albany, NY office. Individuals will assist with a variety of NYSDOT transportation projects.
- Should have a working knowledge of the design development process for various NYSDOT, NYSTA, county, and/or private projects
- Familiarity with AASHTO LRFD design specifications, NYS standard specifications, NYS Highway Design Manual and NYS Bridge Design Manual
- Experience in the design of roadway geometrics; intersections; drainage; erosion and sedimentation control; hydraulic and hydrology analysis
- Knowledge of the sequence of construction and maintenance of traffic plans
- Preparation of cost estimates and specifications is a plus
- BSCE and EIT certification is required
- 1 to 5 years of experience on transportation projects in New York including roadways, bridges, and trails
- Proficiency in Microstation and Inroads is required
Position Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver's license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
- Be able to wear GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
Shift -not applicable-
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP03 - Albany Main
This job has expired.