Facility: Lawton Correctional Facility
Compensation Base: $15.00 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position assists in developing, organizing, and conducting evidence-based, substance abuse treatment programming within the mission of GEO’s Continuum of Care. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group counseling sessions and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in orientation of inmates regarding the chemical dependency programs.
- Facilitates or co-facilitates group and individual counseling sessions from a structured manual.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psycho-social history on incoming inmates as required.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.