Manager of Payroll and Accounting Services encompasses all aspects of the payroll function and accounting related responsibilities associated the company's compensation and benefits. Using a hands-on approach and a strong working knowledge of payroll regulations, this individual will oversee all payroll procedures ensuring accurate and timely execution of multi-state payroll processing using ADP Work Force Now with a focus on key internal controls and federal state and local laws/compliance guidelines; prepare reconciliations of all quarterly and annual payroll tax returns ensuring timely resolution of variances with third party payroll/tax vendor; in partnership with Human Resources ensure accuracy and completeness of new hires and personnel changes transferred from Workday HRIS to ADP Workforce through payroll interface; manage tax notices; work closely with the Associate Director of Payroll and Accounting Services on continuous improvements within related processes.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage payroll process and staff
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely processing of the semi-monthly employee payroll including expatriates for approximately 1,850 employees.
- Interface and coordinate with HR Partners on periodic inputs. Provide necessary files to HR for 401k, Flex Spending and YTD Earnings. Quarterly and year-end inclusion of related taxable fringe benefits to employees.
- Effectively, manage and support 3rd Party Providers.
- Analyze and resolve various payroll related issues. Liaison with payroll processor for all on-going support and software enhancements/ improvements.
- Responsible for setting up new state and local tax jurisdictions as needed
- Responsible for the oversight of entries into Oracle, including but not limited to, Payroll, Headcount, Pension, 401k, Health & Welfare and Bonuses. Responsible for timely and accurate monthly account analysis related to all payroll and benefits accounts.
- Support FP&A by providing department salary reports as requested for budgeting and forecast activities.
- Provide ongoing support to HR and Finance with regards to annual audits.
- Ensure payroll processing and employee benefits is within Company's practices and policies (JSOX).
- Process terminations and manage final wage payments in accordance with applicable state laws
- Maintains current knowledge federal, state, and local wage and employment laws
- Ad Hoc projects as required
- Minimum Associates degree
- Minimum of 6 yrs. industry related experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to assert oneself as a leader, leverage experience and expertise to take initiative, make decisions, and take direction and execute tasks independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Proven understanding of basic accounting principles with experience accounting for all aspects of benefits and compensation and payment of withholdings to third parties.
- Computer proficiency; strong knowledge of Excel (Pivot tables and VLOOKUP) and MS Word
- Team player with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure showing high commitment to Payroll and financial reporting deadlines
- Respect for confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of compensation and benefits
- Ability to pro-actively identify process improvements within payroll and related benefit accounting systems
- Strong focus on providing high quality service to external and internal customers
- Ability to work independently
- Up to 10% travel is required based upon business needs
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- ADP Workforce Now experience
- Oracle & Workday knowledge
- IFRS knowledge
- Pension Audit knowledge
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External
. Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.
This job has expired.