Otsuka's portfolio strategists provide value to the pipeline by driving development of the portfolio strategy in partnership with the TA head and ensuring alignment with Otsuka's joint strategy team; corporate strategy, commercial strategy and global marketing. Coordinates alignment of global development priorities with regional needs and commercialization plans. Establishes appropriate performance metrics to prioritize across the portfolio and mitigate risks. This role reports to the VP of R&D Portfolio Strategy & Asset Management.
Drives setting of strategy
Ensure global alignment
- In partnership with the Global Clinical Development Vice Presidents (GCD VPs), regulatory & commercial leadership, establish global portfolio strategy for development & commercialization of Otsuka's assets.
- Ensure portfolio strategy is aligned with corporate strategy and goals by liaising and aligning with joint strategy committee (global strategy, commercial strategy, global marketing & PS&AM).
- Interfaces across R&D and Commercial to facilitate progression of portfolio strategy including LCM opportunities
- Generates an integrated view across the assets in the portfolio to optimize sequencing, overlaps, etc. and ensure alignment with the portfolio strategy
Oversee execution and track performance
- Ensure development plans are aligned with commercial plans in each geography
- Liaise with regions on local needs and translate into global development priorities
- Drives to break down institutional barriers across functional areas, with particular emphasis between development, commercial and global marketing
Identify risks and drive remediation
- Work with TA head for CNS to draft therapeutic area priorities and contribute to corporate goals
- Drive discussions on re-allocation of budget/resources across the portfolio in a timely manner
- Develop a portfolio-level perspective of critical asset performance metrics and identify areas of focus
- Work closely with asset team to ensure execution of portfolio strategy by tracking asset performance across the portfolio
Coordinate Cross-functional teams
- Aggregate and analyze asset performance across the portfolio to identify trends and risks
- Escalate issues that potentially impede asset progression and execution of portfolio strategy
- Conduct scenario planning to identify implications for the portfolio
- Roll-up or compile KPIs & review with TA head for CNS
Engage in formal governance
- Coordinate internal and external portfolio stakeholder
- Tailor engagement and management approach based on portfolio-specific needs e.g., complex partnerships, upcoming data readouts, new asset team members
- Ensure consistency of approach across portfolio, identifies risks, interdependencies associated with resourcing, budget and timelines
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Contribute to preparation of portfolio prioritization review and global strategy meetings
- Ensure consistency of approach across portfolio, identify risks, interdependencies associated with resourcing, budget and timelines
- Ensure inputs from the asset teams are of high-quality
- As applicable, conducts therapeutic area research, competitive landscape analysis, analogue development assessments, etc.
- Leverages above data to educate team and inform recommendations to portfolio VP.
- As applicable, serves as a key point of contact within a portfolio alliance.
- As applicable, partners with GCD VP and GCD representatives to support topline slides, interpretation of data and identification of data trends across the portfolio
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing, leading, and coaching a team, with a least 15 years of experience working in the pharma industry
- Sufficient Development and Commercial experience to understand how to optimize portfolio assets
- Experience in using data and analytics to make informed decisions and drive team recommendations
- Independent thinking and ability to influence without authority
- Ego agnostic leader who provides mentoring to all staff, including management
- Collaborative, all hands-on deck mentality
- Ability to motivate and energize cross functional teams and direct reports to achieve the unimaginable together
- Possesses the ability and judgment to take necessary and decisive action to successfully achieve business & portfolio goals
- Unwavering commitment to excellence and driving quality outcomes for the business
- Strong communication skills, professional presence and ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- High degree of intrinsic motivation and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, lean, start-up environment
- Must be comfortable in gray spaces and adept at implementing change
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External
. Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.
This job has expired.