This position will report to the:
Ireland, KY-Site 720
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform a variety of routine, unskilled and semi-skilled housekeeping work while maintaining the assigned location(s) clean.
- Perform all duties assigned in accordance with standard cleaning procedures of the American Hospital Association and the Joint Commission of Healthcare Organizations.
- Mix water and chemicals to create solutions used for daily cleaning according to Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Clean rooms, hallways, walls, floors, stairways and landings of hallways in assigned areas.
- Sweep and mop floors using mopping procedures; may occasionally operate a buffer and blower fans.
- Clean rugs and/or vacuums carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies. May be required to use wet vacuums.
- Move and dust furniture and equipment as needed such as chairs, knee wells, picture frames, mirrors, filing cabinets, desktops, handrails, etc.
- Dust and wash walls, ceilings, sills, woodwork, partitions, windows, baseboards, Porcelain and stainless-steel fixtures as needed.
- Clean (wipe down) doors, furniture, and equipment as needed to established process and procedures.
- Stock and clean all dispensers as needed (soap, air freshener, paper towels and toilet paper).
- Remove and transport trash, waste and recyclables to disposal areas from assigned location(s).
- Clean blinds and hang privacy drapes or cubical curtains as required.
- Service, clean and replenish patient rooms and restrooms as needed (occupied and unoccupied).
- Clean wheelchairs, carts, racks, and nursing stations as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience working as a housekeeper or relative experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English Language.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use general cleaning equipment such as a mop, broom, vacuum, duster, pail, buffer etc.
- Ability to use general cleaning equipment as outlined in procedures to ensure proper usage and safety.
- Must be able to read and follow proper dilution rates for cleaning chemicals provided to ensure there is no excessive use of supplies; will be required to only use what is needed and conserve cleaning supplies as appropriate.
- Must be able to maintain assigned equipment in satisfactory and working condition.
- Ability to climb, bend, squat, lift and carry objects ranging from 10-60 pounds. Occasionally push objects up to 100 pounds; Prolong walking up to 90%.
- Ability to read and understand the "Safety Data Sheets" (SDS) for all chemicals and solutions used during working hours.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures in place to perform duties assigned.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently to complete daily tasks.
- Ability to assist and communicate with others as needed and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to comply with Medicare, City, State, and Federal regulatory agency requirements.
- Ability to pass criminal, drug, and driving screening.
- Ability to work in aseptic areas as needed and be exposed to various dirt, debris, odors, chemicals, and infectious disease(s).
- Ability to work any time or day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- Possess valid driver's license and maintain good driving record.
- If required, ability to obtain and maintain security clearance and base access to assigned site(s).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job responsibilities and requirements of the Housekeeping Aide
position, and that I have received a copy of this job description. I understand that I have had the opportunity to ask my supervisor questions regarding functions and expectations of the job.Print Employee Name:Print Supervisor Name:Employee Signature:Supervisor Signature:
This job has expired.