EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is seeking a senior structural bridge engineer familiar with the design of bridges for NYSDOT, PANYNJ, NYCDOT, MTA, or other New York City clients.
- Ability to manage medium to large design projects, including planning, analysis, design, plan preparation, specification development, and report writing
- Experience directing and coordinating the activities on bridge engineering projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are within the arranged time frame and funding parameters
- Ability to check calculations and/or direct the design procedures of others to ensure that calculations are in accordance with AASHTO design standards or other requirements
- Capability to work in a team environment and supervising junior engineers and technicians is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis. Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering preferred
- NYS P.E. License required
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in highway, pedestrian, or railroad bridge design
- Bridge inspection experience is a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of NYSDOT
- Knowledge of AASHTO LRFD and AREMA design methods, standards, and specifications
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision is a plus
Position Requirements Minimum Requirements:
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
Shift -not applicable-
Position Senior Engineer
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP01 - Babylon Main
This job has expired.