If you are innovative, dedicated and want to love where you work, then consider a career at WSFS Bank. At nearly 200 years old, we are the oldest and largest locally-managed bank and trust company headquartered in the Delaware Valley. We take pride in our culture of engaged Associates that bring to life WSFS' mission We Stand For Service through our daily delivery of stellar Customer experiences. Because of this, we have been consistently ranked a Top Workplace in the region, and recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace.
WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Retail Office Manager in our New Castle County Region . The incumbent will be responsible for achieving branch growth and service goals, while also having responsibility for leading and coaching a team of sales and service professionals to meet or exceed all set Bank growth and service targets. This role will be responsible for observing branch activities and behaviors while ensuring that they align with Bank strategy. The incumbent will provide day to day management and coaching for a team of 5 - 12 branch Associates, which will include staffing decisions, performance appraisals, training, promotions, salary recommendations and consistent coaching and feedback. The Retail Office Manager will also provide administrative control over the functions of the office, including but not limited to branch budgeting, branch profitability management, and critical operational duties to ensure branch compliance. This role will oversee activities in order to promote the growth of the branch office and attract new business which includes recognizing opportunities for cross-selling and developing Associates to maximize selling and service skills. The Retail Office Manager will be empowered to make sound business decisions that are mutually beneficial for both the customer as well as the bank.
The schedule is a 40 hour work week, including Saturdays. This schedule can change at any time based on business needs. Salary is negotiable based on experience with potential to earn Retail incentives.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in retail banking.
• Must have minimum of 3-5 years of management or supervisory experience in a retail banking environment.
• Must have previous extensive business development experience with a proven successful track record.
• Previous experience in branch operations, including procedures, policies, control, and regulations is required.
• Must have a strong knowledge of deposit and retail loan products; familiarity with business lending products.
• Must have knowledge of financial fundamentals, including computation of interest and monthly payments.
• Strong coaching, development skills and a degree of creativity are required.
• Must possess a strong knowledge of teller operations and processing.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills are required.
• Must be proficient in basic computer skills.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Requirements: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
WSFS Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/ Drug-Free Workplace