EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is looking for a qualified Survey Technician - Instrument Operator with experience in field data collection, office data processing, QC and management of data in our Columbia, MD office.
- Complete field data collection and office data processing
- Perform quality control and management of data
- Work with aerial, mobile, and static LiDAR datasets with cross-training into other mapping disciplines
- Use of UAS Aerial Drones, Robotic Total Stations, Terrestrial LiDAR scanners, digital levels, photography and other data collection tools and software
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, topographic maps, and real property descriptions
- Projects may include the use of hand tools, including an axe, bush axe, machete, or sledgehammer
- Occasionally travel out of town for up to two weeks at a time
- Maintain supplies and equipment in Survey vehicle
- At least five years of similar experience
- Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in a related field will be considered in lieu of experience
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is preferable
- Familiarity with Geometry and Trigonometry
- Knowledge of field surveying practices and procedures
- Understanding of drafting and reproduction methods
- Knowledge of land recording and conveyance procedures
- Background checks and drug testings will be required for projects on Federal facilities
Position Requirements Minimum Requirements:
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver's license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
- Possess the ability to stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day.
- Possess the ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with variation of elevation 12" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground etc.)
- Possess the ability to climb and leave a ladder to a platform varying from 6' to 20' extension
- Be physically able to don, wear and operate personal fall arresting apparatus.
- Be able to work at a height 6' or higher utilizing a personal fall arresting system
- Be able to wear and work using GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
- Be able to lift and or carry a weight of 30-50 lbs. (concrete inspection specimens and required equipment)
Shift -not applicable-
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP02 - Columbia Main
This job has expired.