The Associate Director of Strategic Sourcing is responsible for the strategic direction that integrates the category and operational functions of Strategic Sourcing. The individual gathers information and creates category strategy plans from the current and potential supply base of all Otsuka business units, accessible to the Strategic and Operational teams of Sourcing.
The role will serve as the subject matter expert to develop, optimize, and maintain the strategic and operational infrastructure for Sourcing, being proactive to identify new opportunities and deliver them to the Strategic Sourcing teams.
The individual will also be responsible to improve insight into new emerging vendor capabilities and external sourcing practices in categories throughout the organization. Future consideration will be required around collaboration within existing affiliate companies and the supply base for developing global opportunities.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Provides insight by real-time sourcing data collection and analysis of a spend category that supports Strategic Sourcing's effort to deliver a new opportunity or value enhancements.
- Participates as part of the cross functional team in developing a strategic, potentially geographical Sourcing Strategy. Effectively presents data and assessments to Strategic Sourcing and key stakeholders.
- Uses previous experience and accumulated knowledge to support strategic sourcing initiatives and recommend ways to improve operational processes/work flow, while maintaining quality outcomes.
- Continuously scans the marketplace for new vendor capabilities and innovation that can be applied to Otsuka's strategies. Leads the development of sourcing profiles and assessments of new/existing vendors.
- Demonstrate top line value and operating efficiencies with enhanced strategic sourcing and marketplace insight, improved quality and speed of sourcing process, and reduced time spent on selection and contract negotiations.
- Developing the strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value.
- Interface directly with senior management and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of Otsuka's objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, and quality, innovation, and growth commitments.
- Develop and support supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 8 yrs sourcing experience with a minimum of 3 years in Marketing & Sales sourcing
- Experience in sourcing tools and systems skills (i.e., e-Sourcing, Databases, Oracle/SAP, Microsoft Office, Visio, and Contracts Management).
- Knowledge of the industry and business operations including sourcing/procurement
- Extensive understanding of corporate practices, procurement policies, and ERP systems
- Experience in working with different areas of Sourcing and Procurement
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and development/commercialization of new drugs
- Understanding of supply markets, and strategic sourcing principles as related to specific categories
- Experience managing a team of direct or indirect reports
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills, with various levels of the organization as well as with vendors.
- Up to 10% travel is required based upon business needs
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External
. Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.
This job has expired.