Primary Purpose & Function of this position:
The Associate Director, Forecasting provides forecasts, analysis, and actionable insights that lead to the achievement of strategic and financial goals. Working cross-functionally with Finance, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain and Marketing Research, this role provides forecasting support for a product portfolio and other pipeline products. This includes developing monthly/quarterly forecasts, long-range plans, and supply plans. Provides forecast inputs for sales quota setting and incentive compensation development.
Up to 10%
- Develops models for sales trending, forecasting, business planning, and long-range planning for marketed and pre-launch/pipeline products
- Provides forecast outputs to Finance, Marketing, Sales Operations, and Supply Planners for use in official financial forecasts, sales quotas and incentive comp, and supply plan forecasts.
- Serves as the Forecasting lead on product data and reporting teams in order to leverage all relevant data to provide insights into forecast assumptions
- Works closely with associates in Customer Insights team to use existing market and competitor insights to inform forecasts and collaborate on forecast activities
- Leads cross-functional teams to determine appropriate forecast model designs, formulate key assumptions, and align with business partners.
- Monitors Company and market sales, analyzing relevant data sources to explain variances
- Collaborates with Trade Relations and Market Access to ensure relevant distribution and rebate agreement impacts are incorporated into forecasts and plans
- Uses quantitative analytics in support of tactical and strategic decision making.
- Proactively identifies forecasting and marketing research needs, develops plans, and provides input into business development, business planning, and budgeting processes for key activities
- Anticipates and evaluates information needs of internal partners
- Collects, analyzes, and integrates primary research and secondary data with other market knowledge to draw inferences and conclusions
- Fosters an environment of teamwork and good communication among associates within and outside the US
- Provides forecast support for business development opportunity assessments
- 7-10 years pharmaceutical industry experience;
- 3-5 years' experience pharmaceutical brand forecasting (preferably a mix of operational & strategic)
MBA or other Advanced degree preferred.Job-specific Competencies Analysis
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Synthesizes complex and diverse information, recognizes trends or interrelationships, seeks ideal long-term solutions
- Demonstrates an understanding of analytical tools/processes to facilitate portfolio decision-making
- Makes decisions and draws conclusions when necessary based on ambiguous and partial information
- Strong informal and formal communication skills - excellent presentation skills; comfortable presenting to senior management.
- Willing to express and listen for differing viewpoints to ensure forecast assumptions are vetted and aligned
- Develops clear, concise reports and recommendations and presents technical information in a clear, understandable way
- Effectively facilitates groups and discussions to meet business needs
- Listens and probes for understanding
- Builds and maintains strong relationships
- Uses strong interpersonal skills
- Is flexible and adapts to company and industry changes
- Listens effectively and understands customer needs
Planning and Organization
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically, work collaboratively, and use a consultative approach to problem solving and decision-making
- Effectively manages change in response to new challenges and opportunities
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment and ability to make decisions
- Takes initiative to anticipate and correct potential barriers to achieving quality output
- Establishes and meets schedules, deadlines, and goals
- Completes work with high level of accuracy
- Prioritizes and balances multiple projects effectively
- Adapts current processes to achieve business results and maximize opportunities
- Role models appropriate team behavior and carries out team member responsibilities
- Facilitates the incorporation of new and divergent thoughts and ideas
- Experience with forecast modeling, including building trend, patient-based, and patient flow models
- Experience using advanced analytics (i.e.,Monte Carlo simulation, decision trees, probabilistic ranges, etc.) to communicate forecast risk and uncertainties
- Understands current issues in the pharmaceutical industry and implications for business decisions
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Continually looks for ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External
. Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.
This job has expired.