EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is seeking a Bridge Engineer in our Babylon or Manhattan, NY offices. This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the region's best firms and most challenging projects. You will be involved in all phases of structural bridge project development, including planning, scheduling, inspection, analysis, design, and technical specifications and reports.
- Prepare and review design computations, plan designs, and drawings for bridge and other related structures
- Review and interpret regulations and permit requirements, and apply them to design projects
- Ability to work on fast-paced design-build projects and pursuits
- Investigate design alternatives for both technical & economic impact
- Compose specifications, review submittals, coordinate project submission, and communicate with clients
- Capability to work in a team environment or independently on assigned project tasks
- Develop precise, clean, and deliverable drawing
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis. Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering preferred
- NYS P.E. License preferred, E.I.T. required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in highway, pedestrian, or railroad bridge design
- Bridge inspection experience is a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of NYSDOT
- Knowledge of AASHTO LRFD and AREMA
Position Requirements Minimum Requirement:
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
Shift -not applicable-
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP01 - Babylon Main
This job has expired.