Job ID: 229061
SIGCO is the preeminent architectural glass and metal fabricator and distributor in New England. Since our inception in 1986, SIGCO has grown and changed over the decades, expanding into new product areas and territories, while maintaining a cutting edge manufacturing facility. But our commitment to service and craftsmanship remain unchanged.
This position requires the safe loading of glass product onto the front end of the insulated glass line. Attention to detail and ability to accurately identify the proper sides of the glass is a must, as well as strong prioritization skills based on production schedule. Must possess a high sense of urgency and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. A strong commitment to safety is required.
This is a 1st shift position which is currently scheduled Monday-Thursday, 6:30am-3:30pm. Hours/days can increase up to 11 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This is a general laborer position performed in a manufacturing environment. The employee is expected to perform any function requested by management. The worker is responsible for maintaining his work area, inventory control, quality control in relation to the product being assembled and meeting production goals set by management. Ability to safely & consistently lift up to 75 pounds alone, or 150lbs in a team lift. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check. Must have reliable transportation. Previous shop floor or factory/warehouse experience highly desirable but will train the right individual.
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for a general production laborer position, the following conditions must be met:
• Perform work as assigned by supervisor
• Read, understand, and communicate clearly in English
• Ability to read and understand work orders, shipping documents, labels and general production documents
• Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
• Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
• Notify lead person or supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
• Maintain a safe and clean work area
• All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
• Dolly, lift assist device, pallet jack, glass cups, tape measure, pliers, glass cutter, and other various tools
What CRH Offers You