Altra's Corporate Counsel will have responsibility for providing legal analysis and counsel to Altra's corporate functions, divisions and business units. Representative matters include vendor and customer contract drafting, negotiation and management; litigation management; subsidiary corporate governance; real estate; regulatory and compliance; corporate and commercial matters and labor and employment matters. Corporate Counsel also will work closely with the General Counsel and other members of Altra's Legal Department in implementing legal policies and standardizing legal department processes and will assume responsibility for day-to-day administration of certain legal matters. Corporate Counsel also will assist in mergers and acquisitions (including associated due diligence and document drafting) and in meeting the Company's SEC reporting obligations.
Reporting Structure and Key Relationships
- Reports To: Executive Vice President, Legal and Human Resources, General Counsel & Secretary
- Key Internal Partners: Altra's Legal Department, division and business unit leaders and their functional reports (finance, sales, purchasing, human resources, etc.), other Altra Corporate functions (compliance, finance, tax, human resources, marketing, supply chain, internal audit and information technology)
- Key External Partners: Law firms, regulatory agencies, consultants, customers, vendors, channel partners
- Draft and Negotiate agreements
- Customer agreements
- Vendor agreements
- Channel partner agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Consulting agreements
- Joint Venture/Development agreements
- License Agreements
- Real estate leases
- Software license and service agreements
- Corporate Governance and Structure
- Implement and manage sound governance practices for Altra's global corporate subsidiaries
- Maintain corporate records and draft corporate resolutions, minutes and operative governing documents.
- Internal restructurings, consolidations and reorganizations
- International Law
- Become knowledgeable on key elements of international law applicable to Altra's business. Examples include:
- Data privacy laws
- Laws pertaining to channel partners
- Employment laws
- Contract laws
- Work directly with international subsidiaries on day-to-day matters and, where necessary, coordinate with international counsel
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Assist Altra's Legal and Business Development teams in preparation of term sheets and analysis of transaction opportunities
- Drafting of acquisition and related agreements
- Assist in due diligence
- Assist in review and preparation of disclosure schedules
- Assist with development and implementation of integration plans
- Ethics and Compliance
- Assist in oversight and administration of compliance and training programs
- Day to day advice to business units on a wide array of compliance matters, including:
- Code of Conduct
- Data Privacy/Security
- Import/Export Controls
- Record Retention
- Environmental and Social Governance
- Other Regulatory Compliance Matters
- Act as a key legal advisor for employees at Altra's global business units
- Provide sage business and legal counsel to senior leadership on matters of significance to Altra and its business units
- Other Legal Matters:
- Securities Law
- Labor and Employment Matters
- Intellectual Property and Licensing
- Real Estate
- Periodic travel required.
Job Requirements Skills and Experience
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate changes and progress; complete projects on time and within budget.
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; present ideas and information in a clear and convincing manner; display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Ability to communicate effectively across mediums, audiences, and situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Ability to write clearly and informatively.
- Demonstrated success working with strategic goals; developing and implementing cost savings measures; understanding business implications of decisions.
- Intellectual curiosity and active desire to learn about Altra's products, technology and market segments.
- Bachelor's Degree, and Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA Accredited Law School required.
- License to practice law in at least one state (preferably Massachusetts) required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of broad based legal experience with a regionally or nationally recognized law firm and/or in-house legal department strongly preferred.
- Experience providing legal advice in a broad range of transactional contexts, including commercial contracts, corporate governance, M&A and regulatory compliance.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.