Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Work front end counter in selling of fuel, lubricants and accessories at a self-service station. Delivery of home heating fuel and diesel to commercial entities. Oversite of fuel station in Manager's absence.
- Open Fuel station including (but not limited to) walk around inspection of tanks and piping, dispenser meter readings, set up register and pumps.
- Operate register to included manning self-service fuel dispensers, collect monies for purchases, prepare receipts, and document sales.
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of office.
- Delivery of fuel products with any NSB or Olgoonik vehicle.
- Transfer of fuel from bulk tanks to day tank, fuel trucks and/or other NSB tanks.
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
- Close out cash register and complete daily reports.
- Accomplish necessary tasks in a safe and workman like manner as stated in NSB Contract for fuel division in accordance with company policies.
- Perform monthly inventory counts, including dips, and meter readings.
- Set up and maintain job site safety equipment and fire extinguishers as required.
- This is a non-standard work week. Periodic overtime may be required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position. Education and/or Experience:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- 2 years' prior tank farm experience.
- Valid Alaska Driver's License with CDL-X Endorsement.
- Hazardous Waste Operations (HazWoper).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Person in Charge (PIC) Certification.
- Excellent mathematics and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must possess self-motivation and the ability to work effectively with no direct supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to handle call outs on rotational basis.
N/A Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds for 50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform task on all areas and aspects of Tank Farm Operator III. Work Environment:
Work location is in rural Alaska and may include exposure to extreme temperatures. Work is regularly performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.
This job has expired.