At Otsuka and on our team, we believe creativity is everything. Without innovation, there is no real growth. That is why Otsuka is looking for people, not roles. People who:
- Challenge conventional thinking
- Think differently
- Are intellectually curious and life-long learners
- Have an intense commitment to achieving the mission
- Are effective, 'get it done' and have a sense of ownership
- Are comfortable with ambiguity, autonomy and recognize that creativity is at its best when people connect
- Are remarkable in their chosen field
The Total Rewards team is seeking an Associate Director to provide functional and subject matter expertise in support of the design and delivery of the company's Total Rewards strategy. This individual will lead and execute the strategic planning, development, enhancement, and communication of Otsuka's full suite of rewards offerings reporting to the Senior Director, Total Rewards.Responsibilities
- Oversee and conduct analysis on internal and external salary statistics making recommendations to management based on the information collected.
- Identify, participate in and analyze the results of relevant surveys
- Analyze, design, and administer employer compensation programs, including base pay, incentive pay, and performance management programs.
- Develop and deliver data, analysis and recommendations to management to support new hire, promotion, and equity recommendations
- Build spreadsheets, analyze market data and perform analysis to support creation of new pay structure and job code system
- Keeps up to date on current market practices and assesses competitiveness of the compensation and benefits programs while partnering with the People team.
- Ensure requests for pay adjustments comply with current compensation policy.
- Oversee annual pay increase and bonus processes using Workday Advanced Compensation
- Manage the design, administration, delivery and support of employee benefits programs and related procedures to ensure successful adoption and compliance with all applicable laws
- Serve as the Retirement Plan subject matter expert externally to the company's vendor while acting as a consultant and educator internally to employees at all levels across the organization.
- Research competitive benefits trends and further refine Otsuka's Total Rewards and Benefits philosophy
- Develop ways to streamline operational processes and day-to-day inquiries
- Assist in the development of impactful benefits-related HR Analytics, including ongoing reporting of dashboards and ad-hoc reports
- Ensure programs and processes are documented and compliant with People team strategies, policies and governmental regulations. Ensure benefits-related documentation, supporting materials and communications are thoroughly reviewed for accuracy, updated in a timely manner and compliant with respective plan or governmental regulations
- Proactively collaborate with People Team and Business Partners in program delivery and other projects as assigned. Maintain clear understanding of the integration with other People and Finance workstreams (e.g. payroll, accounting, etc.) and the downward impact of benefits-related decisions and process changes
- Continually evaluate existing benefits programs and processes; make recommendations for enhancements or improvements in support of strategic initiatives or as triggered by changes to available environments, regulation, technology or business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in HR or related field
- Minimum 8-10 years of Total Rewards experience which includes a combination of Compensation and Retirement Plan design, implementation and administration
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace, rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, across all levels of the organization
- Extensive working knowledge of general business and HR practices with strong understanding of Human Resources programs, processes and data
- Ability to compile, analyze, interpret and present employee information and data accurately with attention to detail and the ability to influence decision making
- Critical thinker with strong time-management, organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully
- Deals with ambiguity and is able to change directions when needed
- Communicates effectively; strong and engaging facilitator
- Demonstrates self-awareness and is coachable
- Demonstrates managerial courage and strong executive presence
- Ability to adapt and learn on the fly (learning agility)
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Healthcare industry experience
- Professional Certification (CEBS, PHR, SPHR, CCP etc.)
- Experience administering Workday Advanced Compensation and Workday Benefits
* Up to 10% travel is required based upon business needsDisclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External
. Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.
This job has expired.