EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated entry-level highway design engineer to be a part of our expanding design team located in our Milford, DE office.
Candidates with experience in highway design and familiarity with the Delaware Department of Transportation Standards is a plus. Applicants should also have strong computer skills and be familiar with computer-aided design using MicroStation, InRoads and OpenRoads designer.
- Performing highway design under the guidance of a Senior Engineer
- Detailing and drafting of construction plans
- Perform drainage calculations
- Assist with geometric layout and quantity calculations
- Developing task deliverables for review by a Senior Engineer
- Performing tasks according to assigned schedule
- Working independently under the guidance of a Senior Engineer
- Assist with report writing
- 0-5 years of highway engineering design experience
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Engineer-in-Training Certification preferred, with the desire to obtain PE licensure
- Basic knowledge of Roadway Geometric Design
- Basic knowledge of drainage and Stormwater Management
- Basic knowledge of computer-aided drafting programs
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Positive attitude and good work ethic with the desire to work in a collaborative environment
Position Requirements Minimum requirements:
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
Shift -not applicable-
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP02 - Milford
This job has expired.