Dura-Line is transforming the structure of communication and is the world's largest manufacturer of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) conduit with over 1,800 employees in 5 of the 7 continents. Technology, data, and constant communication are more intertwined with our daily lives than ever before in human history. As technology advances in the next decade, the Internet of Things (IoT) and the 4th Industrial Revolution will bring 50 billion devices online and provide access to the internet to the rest of the world's population. Dura-Line provides the essential infrastructure to make this possible. Through our innovative product solutions and unparalleled customer insight, Dura-Line creates what connects us. No matter how big or small a role we play, everything we do is connected. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining, a diverse workforce that represents our global customer base in a variety of markets, including telecommunications, enterprise networking, energy, and transportation.
LINE OPERATOR NIGHTS
7PM-7AM; 2-2-3 SCHEDULE
STARTING AT $14.94
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Line Operator is responsible for physically operating an extrusion line in a way that ensures all products are produced free from cosmetic and physical defects, and are within manufacturing tolerances. The Line Operator is responsible for the quality of the product run and adjusts and documents operating conditions to produce the highest attainable quality of pipe in a safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knows and understands the quality and material requirements for all products being produced
- Monitors operating parameters of product and extrusion equipment to confirm that product materials and quality requirements are being met
- Starts production lines and makes necessary adjustments to process conditions and to extrusion equipment including the extruder, die, water, and vacuum tank
- Monitors cooling system (both vacuum and spray) to ensure proper operation, which includes, but is not limited to, water levels within the vacuum tank, proper flow and spray pattern in spray tanks, and water temperature.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all product dimensions on production reports and accurately tracks "Lost Production Hours" including the reasons for lost time
- Ensures all unused tooling is returned to the tool room
- Coordinates required tooling changes with other operators that have responsibilities on the line
- Ensures pipe is marked with proper print line as specified in the quality manual
- Follows all company-standard and position-specific safety requirements, and reports any unsafe working conditions or broken equipment to the Extrusion Supervisor/Production Manager
- Performs any other duties assigned by Supervisor and/or Production Manager
OCCUPATIONAL AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or 1 year extrusion experience
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to perform simple math, add, subtract, multiply, divide and take measurements
- Knowledge and understanding of the job duties of Downstream Operators, Material Handlers, and Reel Builders
- Knowledge and understanding of the smooth core procedures and operation
- Valid lift truck/forklift license
- Working knowledge of extruders, printers, reelers, vacuum systems, chiller systems, resin systems, pullers, quality control standards, and product specifications
- Understanding of paperwork procedures and documentation requirements
- Familiarity with inventory procedures for raw materials used in extrusion
- Ability to lift more than 100 pounds with reasonable assistance
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance
- Ability to climb ladders, listen to equipment, look for defects and sense temperature changes in the finished product
- Ability to spend up to 12 hours a shift on foot around hot machinery
- Ability to move from one area to another by stepping over and/or bending under objects
- Manufacturing floor environment exposed to extreme heat in the summer and extreme cold in the winter.
Dura-Line is part of a community of companies, known as Orbia, bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Orbia's business groups have a collective focus on insuring food security, reducing water scarcity, reinventing the future of cities and homes, connecting communities to data infrastructure, and expanding access to health and wellness with advanced materials. The business groups include Precision Agriculture, Building and Infrastructure, Fluor, Polymer Solutions, and Data Communications, which collectively pursue human centric solutions to global challenges.
This job has expired.