Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 9394
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
OEM - Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
Provides direct supervision to production shift in implementing manufacturing schedules, staffing and training requirements, quality and cost controls, production standards, and safety programs to meet or exceed production quotas.
• Focuses on supervision of production activities toward customer satisfaction and attainment of production quotas, lead and delivery times
• Directs and coordinates activities concerned with production
• Assists Department Supervisors & Production Manager in establishing production, quality and cost control standards, production, product and staffing scheduling
• Working with the department supervisors - plans and directs production activities and established production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors
• Assists Work Center Supervisors by providing data on production, quality control, maintenance, and operational issues
• Supports business improvement processes to achieve or exceed budgeted operation results
• Confers with employees to review production activity, operating, waste/scrap, and quality reports to determine course of action and changes in operations
• Provide leadership and development of direct reports, transition operations to high performance team environment
• Assists in implementing and coordinating organizational policies and goals
• Ensures compliance with all corporate, local, state, federal policies and regulations
• Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills
• Transitions shifts and resolve production concerns by coordinating closely with other supervisors and managers at the facility
• Gather the planned and actual numbers for production on a daily basis and report it on the daily report of operations (DRO).
• Support plant initiatives such as safety, environmental, quality, 5S, and TPM.
• Directs all related personnel actions, including final selection, training, performance appraisal, discipline, and safety issues
• Supports company culture and mission
• Directs special projects and problem solving as required
• Responsible for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and Interpersonal communication skills; addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production
• Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner
• Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers
• Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure
• Strictly adhere to plant safety, housekeeping, 5S efforts and other improvement programs
• Identify repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required
• Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving performance complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results daily
Education / Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Associates Degree or equivalent Work Experience
• 3 years progressive supervisory experience required, preferably off-shift
• 5 years technical experience preferred
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Computer literate - MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, required; Mini-tab preferred
• Negotiation and problem-solving skills
• Good oral and written communication skills required
• Experience in the area of manufacturing operations
• Ability to prioritize and work independently
• Able to work independently with limited supervision
• Time and Attendance knowledge preferred
• SAP experience preferred
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 877-880-8588 or Talent@Teleflex.com.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Posted 2 minutes ago
Posted 1 minute ago
Bolivia, North Carolina
Posted 1 minute ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our