This position is responsible for assisting staff in the Home Office and remote locations with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology. Support includes specifications, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established guidelines. Also, assisting in the maintenance and testing of network servers, and associated equipment.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Work with the Help Desk and Network Administrators as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Handle the remote support of company field personnel including hardware, VPN connectivity, wireless networking, email, smartphones, printers and scanners.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software s well as ordering computer supplies. Assess functional needs to determine specifications for purchase.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommend and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Assist in maintaining asset management records for all supported equipment
This job has expired.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software and Internet software. Also, experience supporting Windows 7 & Windows 10, desktop/laptop PC as well as Microsoft Office Programs & Mac/Apple experience.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Server
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Experience working independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and able to multi-task.
- Excellent customer service skills, including patience and understanding others.
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems