Bonus - New, full-time MA employees are eligible for a one-time, taxable bonus of $750.00 to be paid out after the successful completion of the first 90 days of employment.
Mass General Brigham Community Physicians (formerly known as Partners Community Physicians Organization) is a member of the Mass General Brigham system, founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. Our doctors are part of a broad network of providers that includes our world-renowned academic medical centers, nationally recognized specialists, conveniently located community hospitals, exceptional rehabilitation and home care services, and more!
Our continued dedication to clinical excellence, focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion, and generous employee offerings, such as our competitive benefits package, allow our professionals to build an exciting career as we all work together to positively impact the health of our patients. Bring your talent to MGB Community Physicians and find out just how far it can take you! Are you ready to join our team?
Middlesex Cardiology Associates is committed to building healthier communities. That's why we're bringing world-class health care affiliated with Mass General Brigham to your neighborhood in Melrose, Mystic Valley and the Greater Boston area. Our experienced team of cardiologists and a nurse practitioner offers cardiology, interventional cardiology and adult primary care, as well as cardiac testing, labs, and imaging.
We are located at 50 Rowe Street, Suite 600 in Melrose, MA 02176.
Our Medical Assistants play an integral part in the operations of our community-based physician practices. Dedicated to clinical support, the Medical Assistant ensures a smooth patient flow within the practice and assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of physician or advanced practitioner.
What Matters to Us
- Coordinates pre-visit preparations including addressing the special needs of patients (i.e. comfort measures, communication, and other appropriate issues), ensuring relevant labs and tests are scheduled and completed prior to office visit, organization of paper chart, etc.
- Escorts patients to the exam rooms and take vital signs.
- Performs a variety of patient care procedures within the Medical Assistant (MA) scope of practice, including but not limited to: injections and EKG's.
- Obtains blood specimens in accordance with established procedures, while maintaining a professional, patient-sensitive atmosphere.
- Provides assistance to providers with office procedures.
- Prepares requisitions and submits specimens to the laboratory.
- Sends in electronic prescriptions for patients that have been instructed by providers.
- Communicates with patients regarding laboratory, imaging results and prescription instructions per practice protocol.
- Cleans and restocks exam rooms.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality of any and all patient records including but not limited to treatment, diagnosis, history, medication, and financial status.
We look for employees who:
Qualifications Education/Experience We Hope You Have
- Are caring, diligent, and dedicated to providing an outstanding patient care experience
- Possess a strong can-do attitude to find new solutions
- Demonstrate clinical skills and competencies with the confidence to solve challenges head on
- Have strong communication skills and passion for the work
- Respect the beliefs and values of everyone we encounter
- Partner with their team members and truly believe every voice matters and can make a difference
- Strive for excellence in all that they do
(National Medical Assistant Certification will be required within six months of hire)EEO Statement
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant training program is strongly preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Current national medical assistant certification with one of the following organizations preferred.
- American Assoc. of Medical Assistants (AAMA) - Credential: CMA
- American Medical Technologists (AMT) - Credential: RMA
- National Healthcare Association (NHA) - Credential: CCMA
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) - Credential: NCMA
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.