The Engineering Supervisor will lead, mentor, motivate, and manage engineering responsibilities for the Anaheim product engineering team. He/She will be responsible for the management of various engineering activities, including product design & testing, prototyping, first article production management, RFQs, bill of material (BOM) set up & maintenance, and engineering change notice (ECN) management. Team responsibilties include developing individuals to be effective problem solvers & technical leaders, driving continuous improvement within the team and organization, and determining all resource requirements necessary to provide excellent customer service & drive projects to completion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Hire, train, manage and review performance of engineering staff.
· Plan resources to meet department goals
· Define engineering timelines according to project objectives & execute accordingly.
· Manage new product development and introductions
· Challenge designs, methods and procedures to improve labor efficiencies and product construction & quality
· Set priorities for team and drive projects to completion using good judgement
· Facilitate innovative thinking and problem solving through root cause analysis.
· Establish production and quality control standards to measure by
· Challenge and improve existing department methods/processes -- SOPs, document control, testing documentation, engineering tools.
· Consistently deliver excellent customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
· Comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university required
Masters Degree in business or other additional education a plus
· 5 years of experience in high volume manufacturing required
· 2 years of experience as a supervisor or major project lead role required
· 2 years of experience in multi-site manufacturing, wood working and composites highly preferred
· 2 years of experience in a 3D CAD platform -- Inventor & Vault preferred
· 2 years of experience in ERP system -- Bill of Material, routing and costing setup and maintenance. JDE Oracle preferred.
· 2 years of experience in developing standard operating procedures, design of experiments, and document control preferred
· Strong project management skills
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills accustomed to questioning and challenging managers
· Proficient in CAD or Solid Workers software or AutoCad Inventor preferred
· Ability to effectively collaborate with and lead individuals and teams (excellent people skills to motivate or discipline)
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to effectively present information & obtain buy-in from upper management, customers, and leaders of various groups
· Strong work ethic
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
(Number of people, job titles)
Typical Working Conditions: (Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.)
Climate controlled office environment with constant visits to the manufacturing warehouse
(List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions.)
Computers, keyboards, telephones, hardware and other equipment as necessary
Essential Physical Tasks:
(List all physical tasks encountered in performing essential functions.)
This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled