Facility: NON - RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT
Compensation Base: $16.00/HR
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
- This position is responsible for a caseload of adjudicated delinquent and dependent clients and their families who are in need of support and treatment in a community based setting.
- Maintains a client caseload with appropriate treatment plans.
- Enforces program expectations, rules, and behavioral standards.
- Develops treatment plans which identify goals and action steps and may include utilizing services such as Alcohol and other Drugs (AOD), legal, behavioral, medical, educational, vocational, family, and psychosocial for each client and update and monitor such plans in a timely manner.
- Supervises client activities and prepares required reports of the behavior and progress of clients.
- Supports clients and their families in completing any court ordered conditions including restitution, community service, or specific counseling needs and assessment.
- Coordinates efforts with the courts, probation department, schools, employers, job training, recovery programs, counseling, family, or other social service agencies and community programs to meet the clients’ individualized needs.
- Maintains regular contacts with referral agency staff assigned to each client in order to maintain communication and consistency with client and family treatment to meet contractual or licensing obligations and ensure regulatory compliance with outside referral agencies.
- Develops and maintains resources for clients including a community based resource listing and curriculums.
- Facilitate groups weekly for clients to include a regular schedule of evidence based curriculums and informative materials.
- Attends and acts as advocate or liaison to client court hearings, school meetings, and reviews.
- Provides testimony and court reports.
- Coordinates transportation for clients as needed for program/facility related meetings and activities as needed.
- Develops a weekly work schedule to best service each client. Arrange and conduct visits with the client and family at the facility, home, and community based locations.
- Maintains confidentiality of information as it relates to client information.
- Facilitates an hour individual session and family session weekly to assigned clients’ on caseload.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.