PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Project Manager works with the Leadership Team and Project Management Office to obtain the necessary resources to support the project and manage organizational change required to achieve project objectives, maintain budget and realize benefits.
Duty 1: Manages the overall Project implementation effort.
Duty 2: Organizes the BVHS Project Team and utilize/develop appropriate decision-making bodies.
Duty 3: Identifies and manages risk and quality assurance issues which arise during the project.
Duty 4: Monitors overall project progress and milestones and prepare key status updates.
Duty 5: Attends Executive Steering Committee, Advisory Committee, and Project Management meetings as needed.
Duty 6: Develops global work plan and schedules, develops or delegates and monitors development of project implementation work plans, where appropriate.
Duty 7: Plans and evaluates contracted project service delivery and cost management.
Duty 8: Defines project controls and metrics for measurement.
Duty 9: Monitors project budget from a cost and time perspective.
Duty 10: Manages issue escalation and resolution.
Duty 11: Ensures effective project controls are established and maintained.
- Bachelor's degree in operations management, business or specially related technical or healthcare field required.
- Five years project management experience
- Thorough knowledge of information systems and their application to healthcare and ability to creatively use existing resources for problem resolution.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to focus detailed concentrated effort to multiple projects and re-establish priorities as necessary. Ability to effectively respond to time sensitive issues and meet deadlines.
- Mastery of desktop applications, including MS Office (Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access) and database management applications.
- Proven experience in training others in project management techniques
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to effectively interact with diverse constituencies within the healthcare continuum, including board members, executives, physicians, clinical professionals, other leaders and frontline associates.
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- PMP certification preferred or willingness to obtain within 2 years of hire
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to an hour a day, sit continuously for six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have a good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel and community involvement.
This job has expired.